Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Quiz 11th june at 8:30

Default Quiz 11th june at 8:30

Quiz is tonight at 8:30pm, be there.

Erli was the winner this week and is unable to do next weeks quiz.
    Changilass kindly stepped in.

have a nice time erli and well done.

Sorry I didn't make it in this week - I'll be suffering withdrawal sympthoms all week now

Well done to Erli for winning again - and good luck to Changilass for next week's quiz.

I have a permanent 15 to 20 second lag on the questions coming up in the quiz. There are always 3 or 4 answers already in when the question arrives on my PC. I am on 2 meg broadband so should not be suffering on that score. Does anyone else get this/know why it happens? I am using Firefox as a browser, would I be better with Internet Explorer?

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided

Quote Originally Posted by scorrie
    I have a permanent 15 to 20 second lag on the questions coming up in the quiz. There are always 3 or 4 answers already in when the question arrives on my PC. I am on 2 meg broadband so should not be suffering on that score. Does anyone else get this/know why it happens? I am using Firefox as a browser, would I be better with Internet Explorer?
    Yes.

I had the same problem a few weeks ago - the Chat Room barely works at all with Firefox.

it's not any better with internet explorer either,it got so bad we stopped going in

Quote Originally Posted by Mr & Mrs Billy Boy
    it's not any better with internet explorer either,it got so bad we stopped going in
    I have the same problem. Wasn't Niall going to look into it a while back?
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

It's not very good with IE, but it seems significantly worse with Firefox.

Thanks to all. I'll try IE next week to see if it helps.

I have the same probs as you Scorrie, and all the posts following from DrS, Mr&MrsBB & Connie - I'm on BT Yahoo BB - 2 meg - still waiting for the 8 meg update. The scoring system for the quiz has been a bit fairer using the 3,2,1 point system these past few weeks, but the Chat/Quizroom is definitely sadly lacking. Regular quiz members have played host to "the Ghost" a few times over the past few weeks. My understanding is that this Ghost has a connection with the admin of the site & I'd hoped he/she was working on it. We did appeal to Niall on the Techie forum some way back for some improvements here - my best guess is that they're still working on it. Here's hoping!!

Edited to include -
    Here's the link to the "complaints" made before on the "Techie" forum:-
    http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=8055
    Last edited by Moira; 13-Jun-06 at 00:53.

krieve Guest

I had alot of bother on Sunday with loss of connection the screen freezing, not being able to view the questions until everyone else had answered. Sorry Angela for my disappearance i just couldn't take it anymore lol.

I use internet explorer, it's rubbish.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by krieve
    I had alot of bother on Sunday with loss of connection the screen freezing, not being able to view the questions until everyone else had answered. Sorry Angela for my disappearance i just couldn't take it anymore lol.
    That's ok krieve, you were pretty slow in passing the wine around, i just assumed you drank it all and feel asleep.

krieve Guest

Quote Originally Posted by angela5
    That's ok krieve, you were pretty slow in passing the wine around, i just assumed you drank it all and feel asleep.
    No sadly the bottle is still here and Ju had the only drink out of it .