Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Help Please

Default Help Please

I'm wanting to grow my own fruit & veg in order to sell it within the county.

Can anybody help me whether there's any rules or regulations? Is there any cerification needed? Health & Safety etc?

I've googled the subject & can't find any information regarding the subject.

Help please? Plus would anybody be interested in fresh produce within the county?

Thank you.

D

What about starting a farmers market. The nearest one listed is Glasgow!
    ¡ǝʇǝןdɯoɔ sı ǝɟıן ʎɯ - buızɐɹb sǝsɹoɥ ʎɯ sı ooן ʎɯ ɯoɹɟ ʍǝıʌ ǝɥʇ

Quote Originally Posted by .D. View Post
    I'm wanting to grow my own fruit & veg in order to sell it within the county.

Can anybody help me whether there's any rules or regulations? Is there any cerification needed? Health & Safety etc?

I've googled the subject & can't find any information regarding the subject.

Help please? Plus would anybody be interested in fresh produce within the county?

Thank you.

D
    Not sure about rules and regulations.

But i would be interested in buying! Would you run local markets? deliver? Im in Thurso and dont drive.

Things i would be interested in buying are probably more fruit, but also interested in tatties, onions, carrots etc etc

Good luck
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

We've been here nearly two years and have found it pretty hard going, in selling our homegrown produce, to the locals, however, we do have a few faithful customers and some interest through the local shops,
    as for a farmer's market, well that is another story, the nearest I know of is Wick and then there are a whole lot of rules and regs, as well as health & food safety issues that must be considered.
    Good luck though,