Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Furniture Salespeople

Default Furniture Salespeople

Does anybody know of two men, possibly Irish spoken, who have been calling at houses in Thurso recently trying to sell furniture from the back of their van?

DannyThe Manny Guest

Not recently, not furniture, but a year or two ago there was an Irishman selling carpets from a van around Thurso. Didn't buy anything from him myself, but I think one of my neighbours did.

Anonymous Guest

had them round here a week or so ago. I never buy anything from anyone at the door, and I also keep the door shut at my back when talking to them to prevent their neck getting sore stretching to look into my lobby.

They may well be just selling carpets and furniture, but they also may be looking for houses that are empty during the day. Unless they have a store in the county they didnt look like they had much to sell anyway.

Default Re: Furniture Salespeople

Quote Originally Posted by toodiemac
    Does anybody know of two men, possibly Irish spoken, who have been calling at houses in Thurso recently trying to sell furniture from the back of their van?
    I was just wondering why u r asking?

Did they do something?