Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sunday Sesh 30th May - Charity Gig

Whats the point of giving out running times? It's a certainty that it'll overrun anyway so any times given out will be meaningless.
    "But primarily, the drummer's supposed to sit back there and swing the band." The actual Buddy Rich

An indicator would be good, plus, it's not as if the poster gives anything away about the running order

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post
    Jesus Moncur, you're hardly giving it all away are you?
    No

Have you got a sound man for the day yet?
    Yes
    Last edited by moncur; 25-May-10 at 07:46.

Who is doing the sound then?

Quote Originally Posted by BigKev View Post
    Who is doing the sound then?
    LOL theres no point in asking moncur lad, he apparently has nothing to do organising it...........

You'd likely get a crappy reply anyway. He's keen to stick a poster on but give no details to anyone who asks a question about the event he's advertising!

You'd likely get a crappy reply anyway. He's keen to stick a poster on but give no details to anyone who asks a question about the event he's advertising!

Attachment 5993

Doesnt look like thats gonna happen!

I was going to answer your question just now after finding out the info (I do have other work to do you know), but I dont think I'll bother answering now.

Anyways, jokes aside and stuff, this gig is for some really worthy causes and the bands that are playing are all top notch so please turn up and show your support for the bands that have given up their time to play for free and put some money to charity.
    Last edited by moncur; 25-May-10 at 19:23. Reason: spelling

Concur with Moncur! Everyone's had lots of fun with this but as usual churlishness has prevailed.
    It'll be a good gig, lots of people are giving time and effort towards it. We know when we're playing more or less. Stop moaning, come along and enjoy it!

Quote Originally Posted by moncur View Post
    I was going to answer your question just now after finding out the info (I do have other work to do you know), but I dont think I'll bother answering now.
    Oh, knickers in a twist eh?

It could be more a question of whether a reply is deserved. I think you can safely say he's a bit pissed off, so would I be. Churlishness isn't big or clever.

Man I'm sad I'm not going to make it. Sounds like It'll be the usual cavalcade of trodden toes. Hope it's well-supported though. Moncur might like wearing ladies clothes but he's giving of his time for charidee so we should try and be nice to him. I certainly wouldn't want to be in the middle of all these
    bands trying to sort them all out!
    "But primarily, the drummer's supposed to sit back there and swing the band." The actual Buddy Rich

Quote Originally Posted by davem View Post
    It could be more a question of whether a reply is deserved. I think you can safely say he's a bit pissed off, so would I be. Churlishness isn't big or clever.
    Looks like your knickers are in a twist too.

On page one the question was asked, "what time are the bands on?"

Maybe you need a personality transplant. Most people find this thread amusing, and we've kept it bumped to the top of the music forum for the past week. If anything, our "churlishness" has brought light to this thread. It's certainly made me and quite a few others laugh.

Perhaps when you hit a certain age, you can't see the funny side of things... Luckily for us, This hasn't hit Arnie yet...

Quote Originally Posted by buddyrich View Post
    Man I'm sad I'm not going to make it. Sounds like It'll be the usual cavalcade of trodden toes. Hope it's well-supported though. Moncur might like wearing ladies clothes but he's giving of his time for charidee so we should try and be nice to him. I certainly wouldn't want to be in the middle of all these
    bands trying to sort them all out!
    I'm not having a go at Moncur, questions were asked and if he's gonna throw his toys out of the pram and not answer them... fair enough.

When you reach a certain age people being tiresome are less easy to tolerate that's sure.
    If ever I need advice on how I might alter my outlook on life I won't be knocking on your door!

In amongst the frivolity you were rude to a mate, he is well able to look after himself, but I felt it right to ask you to reflect on your attitude. There are other things in the world to attend to beside responding to your request for information. Perhaps when you approach that certain age some awareness of how others view your sense of innate superiority will dawn.

When I want to be boring and come online and gurn about how others should act, I'll give you a call, until then, I'll continue as I see fit. I don't need you telling me how I should post or act.

When you reach a certain age, people who like to moan become more and more obvious to spot

QED

Aye I'm feeling just grumpy enough to say something. Waste of time I know, but the wisdom of ages is wasted unless shared. I'll just return to my grey little life for now!
    Last edited by davem; 25-May-10 at 23:40.

Grand,

So when are the bands playing? Anybody know?

Lighten up jeid. If you feel dave is being ignorant then leave him to it. Why totally overreact and resort to crass ageism?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast