Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: caithness glass

As a high school student thoroughly indugled in art I would love to be able to work with glass and I do plan to go to art college and get a degree in glass along with a few others possibilities. The closing down of the factory in Wick and the suggestions of creating the factoy into offices, sports centre etc would ruin my chances (already has without a buyer or whatever) of working in Wick and moving south if I really want to not waste my degree, which is something I'm not that keen on doing, 4 years would be bad enough probably. Then again maybe not.

Anonymous Guest

Sports centres are known to be highly profitable and never need huge grant support or increadibly high fees. Thats why there's so many private ones about the country

Default Caithness glass

In this Friday's Perthshire advertiser there are vacancies for full and part time sales assistants at Caithness glass Perth visitor centre.

Thrumster - next to the best pub in the world "The Old Smiddy Inn"

You know the saying "What goes around, comes around"? I hear Edinburgh Crystal bought what was left of the Perth operation of Caithness Glass. I hear they beat the management buyout (who I heard was headed by JM and AI) to the purchase. I hear Dartington was Caithness Glass' main competitor and I hear they have just been sold to Enesco. I hear Enesco pipped Edinburgh Crystal to the post. Guess who I hear the new Managing Director at Enesco is? None other than JM. Guess who I hear the new Sales Director is? None other than AI! I guess then that it won't be long before SP joins the ranks of Enesco ('cause I hear she resigned from Perth). I hear that ALL but one of the directors is now out of a job and that the remaining director is not DM - he's gone too. I hear that most of the administration staff have gone and that the stores goes shortly too. I hear that no orders are going out the door and I hear that the admin block is shut and that all the stuff in there has gone. I also hear that the monkey is being left in charge of the barrel organ in Perth now as well! But of course,...none of this may be true. EC and Mssrs D&T may have closed the Wick Factory because they didn't see it being part of the continued operation BUT considering that EC are now closing everything else in stages can anyone honestly see any of it being continued? If EC didn't manage to get Dartington (the only company left that could fight them in the market) they have just come up against their most difficult competitor yet - Dartington's buyers who are now headed by the right dishonourable JM and his side kick his disgrace AI - the failed management buyout! What a pity there wasn't a real challenge left to both parties from the home of what they have now quite certainly destroyed! The factory that once operated here, it's employees, their families and this county were dismissed in an instant one evening several months ago at a board room meeting of RW&S Ltd. No matter who holds blame corporately, JM and AI can thank themselves for the promotion they have corruptly received on the back of the people and the creators of the world reknowned Caithness Glass and the remains of their pitiful pension fund. What infuriates the collateral damage trail left behind is the fact that these individuals got their full redundancy and the start of their pension again (most likely not as damaged as the rest of those who were there longer). Some day what goes around will come around - and it will hopefully be in it's ultimate form of humiliation for the directorate of EC's newest competitors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12