Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Horse- can anyone help me.

Default Horse- can anyone help me.

This may be a big ask, but my 12 year old daughter is having a hard time just now with various things, and she loves horses, but we dont have transport to get her to riding stables also its a bit expensive to be honest, so im wondering is there anyone in or around thurso that would allow her a ride on their horse from time to time, she has been on horses a few times so she is not a total beginner, i would be willing to pay also if you needed any help with say mucking out or anything im sure she would love to help, just want to see her happy again.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

It isnt a big ask as every child should have the opportunity to get a break from life at times.

I dont have a horse that she can ride, my cob would be really to strong for her. But if she wants to come out and spend some time with my crew she is welcome, I wouldnt expect mucking out or anything in return but the horses would love a groom and a cuddle.

I live in Weydale so it might be a bit far but she is more than welcome. I wont be in the slightest bit offended if she gets a better offer of a ride elsewhere so keep your options open.

What I will say is that a lot of people these days will not allow others to ride their horse without personal insurance. It is a reflection on the times I am afraid and not like when I was young and mooched horses left right and centre.

Default girls and ponies

What a lovely offer, bet you just made a little girls night

Talking hopefully

hello i hope u find a pony for her and wish u all the luck in finding one .if your ever in Dunnet give me a shout i have apony she could ride .

thankyou for your kind offers, she will be delighted.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

hello thank u for your offers
    thi is baltos 12 year old daughteru have all made my day

Well done to Munron and Balto for your kindness.

Bustergirl it sounds like you are going to have a great time!

i will have loads of funi just love seein horses and getting to groom

hey bustergirl,we don t have horses but we do have pigs,goats,chucks,ducks,geese,ducklings and a house full of kittens! i also have a 11 year old daughter who knows how u feel sometimes! if u come near jo'g come and see us,we always love to meet new people and our goatbabies love a cuddle too!

Hi Bustergirl, If you are ever in the Watten area and want to cuddle a lovely old mare......just give me a shout as my lovely old lady adores hugs, quiet conversations...you know the kind horses love and loads of brushing

Quote Originally Posted by puffin croft View Post
    hey bustergirl,we don t have horses but we do have pigs,goats,chucks,ducks,geese,ducklings and a house full of kittens! i also have a 11 year old daughter who knows how u feel sometimes! if u come near jo'g come and see us,we always love to meet new people and our goatbabies love a cuddle too!
    Quote Originally Posted by teenybash View Post
    Hi Bustergirl, If you are ever in the Watten area and want to cuddle a lovely old mare......just give me a shout as my lovely old lady adores hugs, quiet conversations...you know the kind horses love and loads of brushing
    thankyou very much puffin croft and teenybash, both these places are reachable by bus so i will let her know, puffin croft is your daughter going to high school this year.

Aw really good of you. Can I come?

I would of offered but not got any horses just now..!!
    I'am sure you'll get sorted out

hi daughter goes next year due to date of her birthday,but nervous already!me and her!we can meet yours off the bus one day if she likes?
    and liz ,anyones welcome!
    Last edited by puffin croft; 13-May-10 at 18:58.

Thanks puffin croft might take you up on that some day. xxx

Smile thanks puffin croft and teenybash

aww thanks puffin croft and teenybashi love all the types of animals u have puffin croftand i can travel to them places were you both are

Default info

Hi to all, l live in watten and my son and l love horses, thinking of getting one at some point any idea how much and where we could share a field for grazing.
    Also the nearest riding school so he can get some practice in and meet others if there are any his age 11yrs old.

I dont know if this will be of any help to you, but when i was younger i used to go to Marion Bains at Achalone Activities for a weekend type club.

It was usually a small group of girls you would go to the riding stables on the sat & sun (take a packed lunch) and help out with lots of different things from poo picking to getting horses ready for lessons, then at the end of the weekend we used to get a couple of pounds off a riding lesson.

It was a great way of making friends because we all had a similar interest.
    I'm not sure if Marion still does this, but it would be worth giving her a call (or the other riding schools in the county) to find out. I just remember it being great fun and if you love horses it's the perfect weekend.

Talking

achalone is too deer now lol its round 20 pound for 1 hour thats why i dont go

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    This may be a big ask, but my 12 year old daughter is having a hard time just now with various things, and she loves horses, but we dont have transport to get her to riding stables also its a bit expensive to be honest, so im wondering is there anyone in or around thurso that would allow her a ride on their horse from time to time, she has been on horses a few times so she is not a total beginner, i would be willing to pay also if you needed any help with say mucking out or anything im sure she would love to help, just want to see her happy again.
    I'm also in Watten area, Bilbster, your daughter would be welcome to come along and spend some time with my 2 ponies, she's also welcome to ride one of them( with supervision of course.) PM me if your interested.