Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Puffins etc

Default Puffins etc

Most local twitchers will be aware of the bird population of the tip of Dunnet Head. Although the Lighthouse is now privately owned, I have no objection whatsoever if anyone wants to check out the bit in front of the Lighthouse.
    No fences round my cliffs, so be careful as I have no public liability and cannot take responsibility for accidents!!!
    Not so many puffins this year but it is still possible to get good shots if you know where to look. Knock on my door if you don't know where to look.
    Last edited by Gleber2; 08-Jun-06 at 14:23.
    In the image of God? You must be joking!

Thanks Gleber.
    I went to the west of the county to watch Puffins the other night, but I didnt see many compared to previous years there. I only saw about 10 in total. Maybe the others were off to bed by the time I got there, who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Gleber2
    Most local twitchers will be aware of the bird population of the tip of Dunnet Head. Although the Lighthouse is now privately owned, I have no objection whatsoever if anyone wants to check out the bit in front of the Lighthouse.
    No fences round my cliffs, so be careful as I have no public liability and cannot take responsibility for accidents!!!
    Not so many puffins this year but it is still possible to get good shots if you know where to look. Knock on my door if you don't know where to look.
    This is very generous of you and very community spirited. I thank you kind sir and I may well just knock on your door one morning.

Thanks Gleeber.
    Thanks
    Catherine

Quote Originally Posted by catherine nicol
    This is very generous of you and very community spirited. I thank you kind sir and I may well just knock on your door one morning.

Thanks Gleeber.
    Gleeber owns no puffins.LOL

Morning,,,,morning when's that??

Default Sea Parrots

Unfortunatelly I will not be in Caithness when these amazing birds are around but will bear in mind the invitation for future reference,
    So what else is breeding on the cliffs of Dunnet?
    Is there the same spetacular colonies that inhabit Duncansby?
    Ohhhh and are there still rabbits out there?
    I ask the question because many years ago we spent a happy night after whitnising the most amazing sunset chasing rabbits around the headland...with no evil intent I hasten to add and not a sprig of parsley in sight!

Quote Originally Posted by LIZZ
    Unfortunatelly I will not be in Caithness when these amazing birds are around but will bear in mind the invitation for future reference,
    So what else is breeding on the cliffs of Dunnet?
    Is there the same spetacular colonies that inhabit Duncansby?
    Ohhhh and are there still rabbits out there?
    I ask the question because many years ago we spent a happy night after whitnising the most amazing sunset chasing rabbits around the headland...with no evil intent I hasten to add and not a sprig of parsley in sight!
    Same as Duncansby I would imagine. We are very close to Dounreay as the scorrie flies, much closer than Duncansby, so you will have to excuse the three-headed birds and the other mutations!!!!
    Not as many rabbits as there used to be be but they are coming back.