Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are humans animals?

Quote Originally Posted by Saveman
    Animals don't produce art, they don't have spirituality and they don't have a conscience.
    Animals don't know what they know.

Yes animals can have loyality, devotion, even love, but do they worry about that mistake they made last week? Do they plan for the future? Do they design and create? Do they look at the stars and wonder why they are here? Do they wonder what the future holds? No. They like getting fed and reproducing and being comfortable....and playing, and sometimes working......but the more abstract things that make us human are out of their reach.
    Of course humans are animals.
    Can you prove animals outwith humans don't have a conscience?
    Maybe they do wonder why they are here.
    Some spiders webs, beehives, termite nests are great works of design.
    Maybe pets regret the mistake they made of staying with the owner that beats them. Reproducing and being comfortable, isn't that the aim of humans aswell?

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead
    Chimps can design and create tools in the wild

Art critics have been fooled by an elephant messing around with a paint brush, so much for abstract thought.
    Not exactly the wheel is it?

My dog worries that he might get a skelp if he goes near the cat's food bowl, so he can preempt me.

Yes my dog does look out at the scenery when we are out walking rather than sniffing up a treestump. Heaven knows what goes through my head, he is probably wondering heaven knows what goes through mine.
    Learned behaviour isn't planning for the future.

As for Spirituallity? Who needs it? A trap for the weak-minded that's all.
    I need it. I'm willing to test your theory to see if I am weak minded....

Quote Originally Posted by pultneytooner
    Of course humans are animals.
    Can you prove animals outwith humans don't have a conscience?
    No I can't. Can you prove they have?

Maybe they do wonder why they are here.
    Some spiders webs, beehives, termite nests are great works of design.
    Yes, they are great works of design aren't they? I wonder who designed them?
    The spider? The bee? Hmmm
    Maybe pets regret the mistake they made of staying with the owner that beats them.
    And yet they still show loyality.
    Reproducing and being comfortable, isn't that the aim of humans aswell?
    Sacrifice, philanthropism, charity, ambition.....some other aims that can out weigh reproducing and comfort.

PS. thanx for this thread Rheghead! Its just like the good ole days......

PS. thanx for this thread Rheghead! Its just like the good ole days......
    No bother! I just knew you couldn't reeesiiiisst.
    Last edited by Rheghead; 08-Jun-06 at 23:35.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

No bother! I just knew you couldn't reeesiiiisst.
    Darn am I that predictable?

We eat animals and justify this butchery by saying that animals are lesser creatures and are provided for our use and nourishment. It is said that you are what you eat. What does that make all you thoughtless carnivores?
    What good does it do that we are capable of forward planning when our forward plans almost assure the complete ruin of our home planet, our philanthropism doesn't seem to stretch to those who are starving, dying and homeless, our ambition is always achieved at the expense of other beings and we are prepared to sacrifice nothing if it affects our needs and desires.
    We rape the planet and drain her of everything we can and then pump the waste back into our atmosphere even though we know that global warming will destroy our chidrens' lining space. No animal in the multiverse is so rapacious in its greed.
    No Saveman, we are not animals, we are less than animals. The good book tells you religious people that thou shalt not kill. Where in the Bible does it say that thou shalt not kill your fellow man but can kill everything else that moves if we so desire up to and including the Planet we live on.
    Not only are we animals, as a race we are rabid animals and if the Good Lord exists, how long will it be before he delivers divine retribution and wipes us of the face of Mother Earh for the sin of Matricide!!!!
    In the image of God? You must be joking!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Gleber2
    We eat animals and justify this butchery by saying that animals are lesser creatures and are provided for our use and nourishment. It is said that you are what you eat. What does that make all you thoughtless carnivores?
    The majority of animals on this planet eat other animals as part of their staple diet.

If enjoying a nice juicy fillet steak makes me a thoughtless carnivore, then i hold my hands up to my guilt.

I am not willing to eat nothing but vegies and the various meat substitutes just so I can be classed as a cabbage - you did say "you are what you eat" lol
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by changilass
    The majority of animals on this planet eat other animals as part of their staple diet.

If enjoying a nice juicy fillet steak makes me a thoughtless carnivore, then i hold my hands up to my guilt.

I am not willing to eat nothing but vegies and the various meat substitutes just so I can be classed as a cabbage - you did say "you are what you eat" lol
    No other animal alive pays other animals to do its killing and only the scavengers eat what has already been killed by something else. The fact that we eat what is killed by others could perhaps put us on a par with the hyenas and other scavengers. I think I would rather be considered on a par with the cabbages as they are benign and harmless.

I really wanted to say something on this thread... but, I keep reading and reading more and gleber2 keeps takin' my thoughts and typing them on here!

although, I would like to say one thing more to Saveman...
    BINGO! that's it.... it was the wheel... yea, between the reptilians from Sirius B interbreeding with humans and the "invention" of the wheel... that earmarks the beginning of our demise. :-)

What good does it do that we are capable of forward planning when our forward plans almost assure the complete ruin of our home planet, our philanthropism doesn't seem to stretch to those who are starving, dying and homeless, our ambition is always achieved at the expense of other beings and we are prepared to sacrifice nothing if it affects our needs and desires.
    We rape the planet and drain her of everything we can and then pump the waste back into our atmosphere even though we know that global warming will destroy our chidrens' lining space. No animal in the multiverse is so rapacious in its greed.
    No Saveman, we are not animals, we are less than animals. The good book tells you religious people that thou shalt not kill. Where in the Bible does it say that thou shalt not kill your fellow man but can kill everything else that moves if we so desire up to and including the Planet we live on.
    Not only are we animals, as a race we are rabid animals and if the Good Lord exists, how long will it be before he delivers divine retribution and wipes us of the face of Mother Earh for the sin of Matricide!!!!
    I think I agree with most of what you're saying here Gleber2. Certainly the differences between animals and us are the same differences that make us deliberately evil and negligent.

The good book certainly agrees, you may find Revelation chapter 11 verse 18 interesting. It's amazing that a writer almost 2000 years ago wrote about humans that would be destroying or ruining the earth.

How long will it be before the Good Lord delivers divine retribution? Well the Bible indicates that we're now living in the Last Days.....so not very long at all....if you believe the Bible....
    Last edited by Saveman; 09-Jun-06 at 11:47.

I certainly don't believe the bible but all the other occult sources indicate that we are in The Last days and the general consensus is that we have until approximately 2012 although I personally put it nearer 2010.

I certainly don't believe the bible but all the other occult sources indicate that we are in The Last days and the general consensus is that we have until approximately 2012 although I personally put it nearer 2010.
    Better not tell Seb Coe his London 2012 bid was in vain.

Not exactly the wheel is it?

"Man" woke up one morning with the great idea of the wheel?????

What human beings did was build on the simple untill it became incredibly complex. We are mamals, along with all the other mamals, with the difference that evolution made us a little smarter and with ego's so huge, we'll destry our enviroment because we think we own it.
    An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing

Your not trying to tell me that Zager and Evans were that far out in there estimations are you?

Quote Originally Posted by _Ju_
    "Man" woke up one morning with the great idea of the wheel?????

What human beings did was build on the simple untill it became incredibly complex. We are mamals, along with all the other mamals, with the difference that evolution made us a little smarter and with ego's so huge, we'll destry our enviroment because we think we own it.

If evolution is true then we do own it......and we've got nothing to worry about because the fittest will survive and adapt anyway......so who cares about the weak?

Quote Originally Posted by teuchter
    Your not trying to tell me that Zager and Evans were that far out in there estimations are you?
    Who are they?

Who are they?
    A man of your musical talents. Im shaking my head in disgust. They didnt figure on things going pear shaped until at least the year 2525.

If evolution is true then we do own it......and we've got nothing to worry about because the fittest will survive and adapt anyway......so who cares about the weak?
    According to your holy phantasy no-one will survive Armageddon. As far as your point on the evolution theory is concerned you will have to explain your point a bit more as I cannot follow your logic.

Quote Originally Posted by teuchter
    A man of your musical talents. Im shaking my head in disgust. They didnt figure on things going pear shaped until at least the year 2525.
    I'm still not sure who they are.

Zager and Evans- In the year 2525 (exordium&terminus) circa1969.
    You really dont want me to try and sing it to you ,do ya?
    It'll only upset all the animals again.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast