Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are humans animals?

Default Are humans animals?

Do we not breathe, reproduce, excrete and feed like animals? Everytime we watch a nature programme, can't you see the 'human' in their actions? We cannot excape our animalistic instincts so who are we kidding that we are special as a species? If the entire mammalian group of animals use chastisement to encourage good behavior from their offspring, why do do-gooder folk try to con us into going against our instincts?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

yes we are

in fact worse than......................because

as a species the human race are the only ones that actively destroy & demolish & degrade the environment we live in for no other ends than to satisfy an ever growing sense of absolute consumer madness

as a race we suck...........................big time

No, humans are not animals. Though they can act like animals, and animals can sometimes act like humans but they are very different.

No, we are all animals, and some of us are more animal than others.

Just looked out the window, it will be a full moon in a couple of days, we will see many more human animals then, what should I say "Werewolves" or "Wereanimals". The moon certainly has an effect on a few people in Wick.
    Live the Dream, don't dream the life

Yes we are, but how many animals will set their clock, as I'm about to, to wake them up at six am. for another day to spend doing what you dont really want to do, simply for the means to wake up the next day to do the same thing.

If we're the top of the animal pile the bottom must be in a right state.
    l/m

I think we are animals - and pretty poor ones at that. Consider the amount of times we fall ill (compared to your average pet). Look at all the things we do which are detrimental to our well-being (smoking, drinking, eating rubbish etc.). A lot of us are unable to see clearly without assistance of some kind. Many of us are on medication for some ailment or other.

Yes, we're extremely intelligent - apparently. That doesn't explain why we're incapable of sorting out our problems though!

Are we animals? Biologically speaking, yes we are. However, we are the only animals with sophisticated minds which we use to destroy everything we touch which, in my opinion makes us inferior to the animals.
    We destroy the environment at the expense of our own descendants, we destroy the ecology to support our consumer madness, we use up the planets rescources at an ever increasing rate for our own selfish ends and we kill each other all over the world. We are the only animals to make procreation a recreational pastime and the only creatures to practise contraception and voluntary abortion. We are the only species that is not on the decrease with little danger of extinction and we are responsible for rendering countless other species extinct because of our selfish greed.
    It is really an insult to the animal kingdom to say that they are like us.
    In the image of God? You must be joking!

Default Homo sapiens

Well that's our species and yes we are definitely animals our closest cousins are the great apes with whom we share the majority of our genes and if I remember correctly up to 98%.
    I think the few that we don't share must be the destructive genes for no other species on the planer seems so hell bent on destroying it's own habitat.
    It is a sad to think that we as relative new comers have not used our intelligence to evolve into something more understanding,compassionate and social instead of many being agressive,self efacing and downright thoughtless.
    We have the capacity to care,to love,to share but many cannot see the wider picture and remain locked in the genetic memory of a darker past and are afraid to step into the light.

On a lighter note, it is now official dogs do laugh so the next time you canine pal grins at you just step back and see if you can understand what the joke is.

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

Quote Originally Posted by LIZZ
    On a lighter note, it is now official dogs do laugh so the next time you canine pal grins at you just step back and see if you can understand what the joke is.
    LMAO

ten to one the joke is the owner

mwahahaha

our family K9 is chasing the great posty in the sky.....................probably howlin' a tune wi Elvis

Picture this. An alien from another planet arrives on earth, and the first creatures it meets are walking along, connected by a small piece of string. When one of them poops on the ground, the other one gets out a wee plastic bag and cleans it up. Which species do you think the alien will approach and say "Take me to your leader?"

Quote Originally Posted by George Brims
    Picture this. An alien from another planet arrives on earth, and the first creatures it meets are walking along, connected by a small piece of string. When one of them poops on the ground, the other one gets out a wee plastic bag and cleans it up. Which species do you think the alien will approach and say "Take me to your leader?"
    Depends on which planet they came from
    Not all chillies are hot but do not be deceived

Quote Originally Posted by George Brims
    A visiting alien would have to conclude that this planet is populated by excretia producing tubes who seem to serve no other useful purpose.

Animals don't produce art, they don't have spirituality and they don't have a conscience.
    Animals don't know what they know.

Yes animals can have loyality, devotion, even love, but do they worry about that mistake they made last week? Do they plan for the future? Do they design and create? Do they look at the stars and wonder why they are here? Do they wonder what the future holds? No. They like getting fed and reproducing and being comfortable....and playing, and sometimes working......but the more abstract things that make us human are out of their reach.

Quote Originally Posted by Saveman
    and ......but the more abstract things that make us human are out of their reach.
    How do you know? Are these the differences that make us, as a race, destructive and selfish? If you are right then it means that we are intelligent animals but still animals and less benign on a planetary level than any other animal. I'm also prepared to believe that animals are not crazy enough to practise religion and this alone puts them above humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Gleber2
    How do you know? Are these the differences that make us, as a race, destructive and selfish? If you are right then it means that we are intelligent animals but still animals and less benign on a planetary level than any other animal. I'm also prepared to believe that animals are not crazy enough to practise religion and this alone puts them above humans.

As a race we are destructive and selfish. That, however, doesn't change the fact of our potential. Animals don't have that potential. Unfortunatly humans practice much crazier things than religion.

As a race we are destructive and selfish. That, however, doesn't change the fact of our potential. Animals don't have that potential. Unfortunatly humans practice much crazier things than religion.
    We will never reach that potential if we destroy our environment to the point where it cannot sustain life.

Quote Originally Posted by Gleber2
    Animals are smart enough to realise that they do not need religion ;o)

Animals survive based on their instincts, which are very much more acute than ours. The human race used to possess natural instinct, however it is all but lost, in the developed world in particular, today.

Collectively, the sophisticated society we now live in is happy to watch our planet being raped. We live for the present and for ourselves, with little or no thought for the future or for others. Anyone trying to stand up for the Earth is labelled a "weirdo vegan", whilst those consuming and polluting as a way of life is deemed to be "normal"

We feel the world owes us a living, when it is actually the other way around.

Never mind, Tesco is coming to cheer us all up.

LOL

Animals don't produce art, they don't have spirituality and they don't have a conscience.
    Animals don't know what they know.

Yes animals can have loyality, devotion, even love, but do they worry about that mistake they made last week? Do they plan for the future? Do they design and create? Do they look at the stars and wonder why they are here? Do they wonder what the future holds? No. They like getting fed and reproducing and being comfortable....and playing, and sometimes working......but the more abstract things that make us human are out of their reach.
    Chimps can design and create tools in the wild

Art critics have been fooled by an elephant messing around with a paint brush, so much for abstract thought.

My dog worries that he might get a skelp if he goes near the cat's food bowl, so he can preempt me.

Yes my dog does look out at the scenery when we are out walking rather than sniffing up a treestump. Heaven knows what goes through my head, he is probably wondering heaven knows what goes through mine.

As for Spirituallity? Who needs it? A trap for the weak-minded that's all.
    Last edited by Rheghead; 08-Jun-06 at 17:41.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Rheghead, we are not supposed to mention elephants in a serious thread, so watch it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast