Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Loch Watten Sunset

Default photo

The 1st photo has such a peaceful feel to it I like it a lot and the colours blend in also, well done
    n/a

Just closing the door ..... on my way out !

Wicker05 your first photo is without doubt one of the finest posted on the Org recently.

Would you mind posting the EXIF?
    " ... Life's too short ! "

Quote Originally Posted by The Oracle View Post
    Wicker05 your first photo is without doubt one of the finest posted on the Org recently.

Would you mind posting the EXIF?
    Here's the EXIF Oracle:

Model = Canon EOS 7D
    Date Time = 2010-05-07 23:24:39
    Copyright = All rights reserved
    Exposure Time = 1.3"
    F Number = F22
    Exposure Program = Aperture priority
    ISO Speed Ratings = 200
    Exif Version = Version 2.21
    Date Time Original = 2010-05-07 21:34:03
    Date Time Digitized = 2010-05-07 21:34:03
    Shutter Speed Value = -0.38 TV
    Aperture Value = 8.92 AV
    Exposure Bias Value = +1EV
    Max Aperture Value = F4.36
    Subject Distance = 17.1m
    Metering Mode = Pattern
    Flash = Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode
    Focal Length = 28mm
    Color Space = Uncalibrated
    Exif Image Width = 2888
    Exif Image Height = 1956
    Custom Rendered = Normal process
    Exposure Mode = Auto exposure
    White Balance = Manual white balance
    Scene Capture Type = Normal

Thanks for that Wicker05.

As an aside having recently stumbled across lens correction software can I ask if this is something you use.

I don't mean Photoshop or Elements but software that corrects specific distortion and IQ issues with any specific lens/camera combination.

I've been amazed at some of the corrections I've seen.

Tho' I should point out that I'm just a snapper not an experienced amateur photographer and most of these things amaze me !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Potato Head View Post
    I think the overexposure,far from adding atmosphere actually ruins the whole shot and having large totally burnt out areas in a photo is not something that enhances any photo.
    I'm all for experimenting but i dont think i'll bother trying that one,not dliberately anyway.
    MPH, photohraphy is a matter of taste, and everyones taste varies. I like to try new techniques to explore different effects at the time of capture, instead of resorting to such programmes as Photoshop to alter an already (in my opinion) finished image. After all, photography is a capture of time and I prefere to leave my images natural and pure, as they were at the time of capture. But going back to my first sentence, it really is a matter of taste......

Quote Originally Posted by mark125 View Post
    ...photohraphy is a matter of taste, and everyones taste varies. I like to try new techniques to explore different effects at the time of capture, instead of resorting to such programmes as Photoshop to alter an already (in my opinion) finished image. After all, photography is a capture of time and I prefere to leave my images natural and pure, as they were at the time of capture. But going back to my first sentence, it really is a matter of taste......
    You are correct, as long as you are happy with your photos or the techniques you are learning to improve your photography (if it needs it), that is the most important thing.

Posting on the Org does invite critique tho' and I'm sure you are fine with that too.

Blown highlights have as much a place in photography as heavily processed HDR images. It is all about effect.

Not everyone will share that view....but in reality does that matter?

Thanks for that Wicker05.

As an aside having recently stumbled across lens correction software can I ask if this is something you use.

I don't mean Photoshop or Elements but software that corrects specific distortion and IQ issues with any specific lens/camera combination.

I've been amazed at some of the corrections I've seen.

Tho' I should point out that I'm just a snapper not an experienced amateur photographer and most of these things amaze me !!!
    Oracle, I don't use any lens correction software, I have enough problems trying to remember the different tools in Photoshop!

You are correct, as long as you are happy with your photos or the techniques you are learning to improve your photography (if it needs it), that is the most important thing.

Posting on the Org does invite critique tho' and I'm sure you are fine with that too.

Blown highlights have as much a place in photography as heavily processed HDR images. It is all about effect.

Not everyone will share that view....but in reality does that matter?
    No, it doesn't matter at all Oracle, like you said, as long as we are happy with our own photography and enjoy it for what it is then thats all that matters.

I'm just happy to share my love for Watten loch with a fellow enthusiast.

Great pics wicker!

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mark125 View Post
    MPH, photohraphy is a matter of taste, and everyones taste varies. I like to try new techniques to explore different effects at the time of capture, instead of resorting to such programmes as Photoshop to alter an already (in my opinion) finished image. After all, photography is a capture of time and I prefere to leave my images natural and pure, as they were at the time of capture. But going back to my first sentence, it really is a matter of taste......
    Ok,will keep my opinions to myself and me gob firmly shut in the future.
    Last edited by Mystical Potato Head; 12-May-10 at 19:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Potato Head View Post
    Ok,will keep me gob firmly shut in the future.
    MPH why do that. Everyone has an opinion and you should feel free to express yours.

Some members will agree with you, some will not.

On this post I also disagreed with you, that does not devalue your opinion, which you are entitled to express.

It would be a sad world if we all liked the same thing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12