Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Are animals just drawn to me?

Question Are animals just drawn to me?

For the last few weeks a fluffy black cat has been taking shelter in my shed and sleeping in the garden. Now whats weird is that it looks like a cat my OH had a few years ago but it had run away.

Its quite skinny and has no collar, very timid and not used to being around people. I have tried to feed it but it just runs away again and comes back a few days later.

Weird thing is, my cat Fintan isnt intimidated by it. Usually he doesnt take kindly to new or strange cats in "his" garden

Anyone in the Pennyland/Frazers area that owns this cat? Just curious really.

If it needs food i will most certainly put some more out for it. The cat has a tiny wee patch of white on its front, barely noticable really, and its a very long cat.

But i wont chance taking it inside, as i said its not very people friendly. cant take that chance with Athrun on the go because he thinks all kittys are friendly! So if it keeps coming round and it doesnt belong to anyone will phone cats protection.

Cheers x
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Please don't feed other people's animals. I have had a cat ending up in the vets twice with £500 bills each time due to a well meaning neighbour feeding him inappropriate food for his medical condition. If you are concerned about it's welfare let the cat welfare people know and allow them to deal with it.

It frustrates me that well meaning people have nearly killed my cat twice now thinking they were being kind. Yes he makes you think he is starving but he really isn't, he's just on a special diet...

Leanne I am so sorry about what has happened to your cat but I put food out for about 6 stray cats who depend on me for food and, if a neighbour's cat, comes to be fed as well then I really can't help it.
    Having said that I don't 'open up' the stray cats food area until later on at night so people really should have their pet cats indoors.

Shelley it is ever so good of you to feed this wee cat. There are many kind people who put out food for strays and it would be a tragedy if they stopped!

Quote Originally Posted by Leanne View Post
    Please don't feed other people's animals. I have had a cat ending up in the vets twice with £500 bills each time due to a well meaning neighbour feeding him inappropriate food for his medical condition. If you are concerned about it's welfare let the cat welfare people know and allow them to deal with it.

It frustrates me that well meaning people have nearly killed my cat twice now thinking they were being kind. Yes he makes you think he is starving but he really isn't, he's just on a special diet...
    Sorry to hear that, but thats why i posted, just to see if the cat actually belongs to someone. And as i said it is scarily like a cat my OH had a few years back that went missing.

My mums dog is on a special diet due to a medical condition so i know what you are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    Leanne I am so sorry about what has happened to your cat but I put food out for about 6 stray cats who depend on me for food and, if a neighbour's cat, comes to be fed as well then I really can't help it.
    Having said that I don't 'open up' the stray cats food area until later on at night so people really should have their pet cats indoors.

Shelley it is ever so good of you to feed this wee cat. There are many kind people who put out food for strays and it would be a tragedy if they stopped!
    Thanks Liz, im not sure if the cat is just extremelly timid or not used to human contact. But it seemed petrified.

And im not sure what good the cats protection or animal welfare will be as it runs away as soon as you take a step near it. So i dont think there is much chance of catching it. Will keep watching out for it though.
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Shelley, Cats Protection would give you a humane trap to catch the cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    Shelley, Cats Protection would give you a humane trap to catch the cat.
    Aw thats fine. I would probably catch half a dozen cats here because of how many come to shelter in my shed haha.

But im wanting to make sure this isnt somebodys cat first before i go setting traps.

Infact im sure Fintan would end up inside it if there was food on the go!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Ha ha. Yes no doubt you would catch a few others before you get the one you want!

In my time of trapping cats I have caught a blackbird, polecat and a few other cats including my own!