Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Pilot Whales

Default Pilot Whales

Large Pod of Pilot Whales that were milling between Latheron and Latheronwheel most of the day started moving with the tide Northward at 5pm passing Lybster at 7pm should be in the Whaligoe area about now 7.34pm. Might be to dark to see them by the time they reach Wick.

Colin Bird
    www.caithness-sea-watching.co.uk.

Default Pilot Whales 6-5-10

From Swiney Hill, Lybster.

Default More Pilot Whales

Whole Pod Seen from Latheron

How fantastic! Thanks for posting those!

Sat at the Trinkie for a while last night until it was too dark to see anything. Didn't catch a glimpse I had seen them at Latheron though so at least I didnt miss them. Got some photo's but camera lense not good enough to go in that close.

thanx for that

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeechick View Post
    Sat at the Trinkie for a while last night until it was too dark to see anything. Didn't catch a glimpse I had seen them at Latheron though so at least I didnt miss them. Got some photo's but camera lense not good enough to go in that close.
    After following them up the coast they were last seen last night at 9pm off of Whaligoe, however they had moved offshore a few miles and you could only just make them out with Bnoculars.

Amazing sight and thanks Colin for the heads up.
    Away with the birds