Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Waterfront

The Waterfront is dire these days I think. Someone said earlier, same crack, same music, same everything every week. In my opinion, the DJ isn't that great, but a few people say he's good, I just don't like the fact that there's like 1999 music when this is 2005. The underagers are still there, they just come in with older people now, but I still go to the 'Front for the banter!

L.Bain Guest

I was in the waterfront myself weekend just past and yes, there was a fair amount of underagers. most of them stayed clear if the bar and were inserested in chatting away to their mates and up dancing. as i remember, fights that had to be stopped were'nt of underagers but of adults! in my opinion they were doing no harm and by underagers, they were 17 near 18 not as if there were 12yr olds running around.

mmmm_cocopops Guest

i wiz in eh waterfront last night and thought i walked on to the set of the Rocky Horror Picture Show,wot i mean by that is i thought wimmin were men in drag,bonnie and ugly,maybe its just the lightin in the place.oh,was it a 70's night last night?or has the latest fashion not reached the far north yet guys?

It's varied music for people of different tastes rather than the same crap dance thats out just now. Most of the time you will find the dj is playing what people ask for and looking at the amount of people on the dancefloor they were happy enough with it. No-one forces you to goto the place could always go home after the pubs or to a party instead if you dont like it.

Default Waterfront

Hey, dont think coco pops is talkin about the music .

Talking waterfront

i think coco pops did go to a party

Must have been some party! Cocopops has been suspended from the message board since then.

it was a quiet party why would of it been some party

masseyboy Guest

I was there to when cocpops was & how can the disco still charge full admission price when there is only half an hour to go, the only difference between the owners & Dick Turpin is a mask

they charge £5 even if the disco is done in 5 minutes,, but the bar is open until bout 2.30am, u can even get a carry out then,, £5 maybe worth it

Question

Hy coco pops. I think that thing you had hangin off your arm in the waterfront was a man. Either that or shes needin a damn good shave!!
    Cant say too much about ugly folk in Wick or I might get suspended too.
    But can someone tell me why are there so many ugly folk in one small town.

masseyboy Guest

I think it must be something in the water

Too Much Alcohol,, And Fags.

young folk nowadays. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Why do people have to get so drunk they have no control of themselves?

Cant people have a good time without being drunk?

Think They Have Nowt Else To, Just Look At The Unemployment Figures,,

70s/80s Night Waterfront Every Weekend , Bar Open To 2.30am

The bar shuts at 2am then after that you can get a carry out. And if you are going to the place with only 30 mins or 5 mins left then your more the mug for paying the fiver. Simple solution if you dont like the place then dont go.

i did not say i did not like it, the bar is open to 2.30am, you not been in lately then

Cool

I work there thats how i know when it shuts cos its me that normally shuts it when im working. The bar closes on the last dance, which is 2am not 2.30am and everyone is normally out the place at 2.15am and im normally home by 2.30am, kinda blows your theory then dont it.

Quote Originally Posted by smiler
    A fiver to get in the place doesnt open till 12. Then the last time i was in 2 weeks ago the music stoped and lights came on at 1:50 . where is the value in that .

Atleast in Skinandies it opens early and shuts at 2:30The waterfront actual opens at 10pm just nobody turns up until 12 or after. The problem is that all the pubs have been granted late licences to 1am, but the nightclubs (Waterfront and Skinandies) have not been granted an even later licence their licence is still only to 1am. Therefore the nightclubs are only getting 1hr of business, as people are not turning up before 12. The whole thing worked a lot better 10years ago, when all the pubs closed at 12. As you had a route to travel, you would start at Black stairs move down haggers, backer, crown, camps, carters and finally Waterfront. All the establishments worked well together heading people on to the next place and all establishments made a profit, whereas now they are all fighting amongst themselves to make some money

quote="hails4"]i think the waterfront and skins is poor its the same folk out week in week out same crack every time and nothing seems make the place any more worth going to....

As for this comment, nothing can be done about the people who go out as that's what happens when you live in a small place. The establishments can not be held responsible for who decides to go out on the weekends

quote ="hails4"]theres nothing up here worth going to and when ever there is it usually dies out in a few weeks, we just need something that is appealing and offers something new at least once a month to keep us intrested then maybe more people will start getting out to these places

What are your suggestions that would be more appealing to you to go to that is not expensive, but also makes a profit for these establishments???? You need to include wages, electricity, drinks/food and entertainment!!!

I do agree there is nothing to do in Wick, but are people going to be willing to spend money if something is organised.

Well we tried to get in at 11:45 and had to wait 15 mins i have never seen the waterfront open at 10 ?
    As for the licence only being for 1am then they must break there licence every week as get served well past 1 am every time i have been .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast