Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sasser virus

I use pipex for broadband. They are pretty good, well I've had no problems with them anyway. I wouldn't touch AOL with a stick. The AOL software does some horrible things to your PC. For one it changes the standard network protocols to AOL branded network protocols. That's all fine and dandy when your using AOL but if you try and change to another ISP... expect problems.

Zagor, the email that bounced wasn't sent from your account or your computer, but by a virus infecting someone else's computer, which forged the "From:" field on the message. This has been happeneing a lot lately. I get a lot of these "message refused because of virus content" messages from other people I have never even heard of, never mind sent something.

As for AOL, the best phone call I have made in years was the one to the AOL customer service dept terminating my account, the day the cable guys hooked me up to broadband. Poor silly woman asked me why I didn't want to stay with them...

Thanks for all the help.

I know a lot of people don't like AOL but I find it ok and haven't had that many problems with bounced emails. Its good for the kids too.

However when BT do finally get their finger out and connect broadband in my area (next January) then I will be moving on

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12