Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Storms to bump into each other.

Default Storms to bump into each other.

for those into astronomy ( i think that is the right word lol) .....

June 5, 2006: The two biggest storms in the solar system are about to go bump in the night, in plain view of backyard telescopes.
    Storm #1 is the Great Red Spot, twice as wide as Earth itself, with winds blowing 350 mph. The behemoth has been spinning around Jupiter for hundreds of years.
    Storm #2 is Oval BA, also known as "Red Jr.," a youngster of a storm only six years old. Compared to the Great Red Spot, Red Jr. is half-sized, able to swallow Earth merely once, but it blows just as hard as its older cousin.

the rest of the article can be seen here
    www.tugmistress.co.uk

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Tugmistress
    for those into astronomy ( i think that is the right word lol) .....

June 5, 2006: The two biggest storms in the solar system are about to go bump in the night, in plain view of backyard telescopes.
    Storm #1 is the Great Red Spot, twice as wide as Earth itself, with winds blowing 350 mph. The behemoth has been spinning around Jupiter for hundreds of years.
    Storm #2 is Oval BA, also known as "Red Jr.," a youngster of a storm only six years old. Compared to the Great Red Spot, Red Jr. is half-sized, able to swallow Earth merely once, but it blows just as hard as its older cousin.

the rest of the article can be seen here
    lol wot u on about do u search the internet to look for stupid posts to post about something well never see more chance of someone falling of a cliff id say lol ,i

thanks for letting us know tugmistress :-)
    astronomy has always been an interesting subject. ill be watching

Thanks for that, If that big a storm is coming I'll make sure I have my wellies on and my umbrella with me.

That's fascinating, amazing what goes on out there!

Oh, Tugmistess good use of the english language and punctuation (unlike others!).

Fascinating stuff. Wonder will it be on the Sky at Night, (the program before anyone says yeah just look up!)

Quote Originally Posted by pedromcgrory
    lol wot u on about do u search the internet to look for stupid posts to post about something well never see more chance of someone falling of a cliff id say lol ,i
    Actually it was a very interesting post.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo
    Actually it was a very interesting post.
    thank you Geo.
    I just thought a few people would be interested as we have quite a few sky watchers in caithness due to the quality of air around us

Neepnipper, thank you
    www.tugmistress.co.uk

Default Things that go bump in the night

Thanks Tugmistress for the posting not sure I will be sitting up though.

Thought this might amuse you..it's the local prayer where I originate from.

"From ghoulies an' ghasties and long leggety beasties and things that go BUMP in the night, may the good lord deliver us."