Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: closing shops before they started

Default closing shops before they started

what is it with this town! haldanes is barely opened and already people are saying - it won't last a year - people listen to rumours and they can be harmful,so,come on let's give them a chance or shall we lose another shop from the town centre!

You never know ASDA might want to take it over then that would make a lot of prople happy.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Quote Originally Posted by bluemafia View Post
    what is it with this town! haldanes is barely opened and already people are saying - it won't last a year - people listen to rumours and they can be harmful,so,come on let's give them a chance or shall we lose another shop from the town centre!
    Wouldn't say it was a rumour it's peoples opinions off the place. I suppose staffs hours cut back to minimum hasn't helped. In my own opinion it's a pretty crap shop
    What doesn't kill you, will make you stronger.....

It is hardly a rumour, just the plain facts. The first bad sign I saw was milk being reduced in price as it was near to the date. With such a staple item, that is worrying. I was in at the back of five 'o'clock on Saturday and there were ZERO checkouts in operation, with the lassie in the Kiosk being the only person serving. I asked the lassie if it had been a busy day and she replied with a firm no. If they can't get punters in on a Saturday, there is little hope of ever being busy. Most people seem unable to see past Tesco and I always said that Tesco would kill the town centre. Shopping cannot expand to sustain extra shops, something has to give somewhere along the line. The idea that Tesco could actually HELP the town centre shops was one I laughed loudly at at the time, it's a bit less funny now to see the reality. Overall, Haldanes is a downgrade on Somerfield in my eyes and also in the eyes of many I have spoken to. It is a convenience store only, not a place for a weekly shop and I would be worried if it were my store.

Quote Originally Posted by telfordstar View Post
    In my own opinion it's a pretty crap shop
    i totally agree, it is crap. i went in lookin for bananas for a loaf, wholemeal pitta bried for chicken kebabs an goats milk....

came oot empty handed

went til 'e coap instead an now 'ats far i go for ma messages.

its usually heavin by 'e wie

though i did once get a nice bottle o' reid fie yon haldanes, it wis rio...somethin. a slight fizz, though no much. wis weel impressed.

never tasted anythin lek'ed before.
    Merry Meet, Merry Part and Merry Meet Again
    Blessed Be...

it's quite obvious to me that you have never made banana loaf before as you need overripe bananas and as far as i know,they would not be on sale,as they would not be of good quality

it's quite obvious to me that you have never made banana loaf before as you need overripe bananas and as far as i know,they would not be on sale,as they would not be of good quality
    there isna any need til be cheeky....!

if ye must ken, i make banana loaf ivry now an' again, amongst ither things. last week i put blue berries an cranberries in'ed....and it wis very guid

its ma grany's 70th birthday on seturday an' i wanted til buy 'e bananas last week so they wisna so ripe....so i could bake her a loaf!!!

what is yer problem?? i think 'e shop is CRAP - so, bite me.....
    Merry Meet, Merry Part and Merry Meet Again
    Blessed Be...

Quote Originally Posted by trix View Post
    there isna any need til be cheeky....!

if ye must ken, i make banana loaf ivry now an' again, amongst ither things. last week i put blue berries an cranberries in'ed....and it wis very guid

its ma grany's 70th birthday on seturday an' i wanted til buy 'e bananas last week so they wisna so ripe....so i could bake her a loaf!!!

what is yer problem?? i think 'e shop is CRAP - so, bite me.....
    It is a bit poop in there aint it! The rare times i have been in i came out empty handed. Me and my OH were through in wick and before we caught the bus back home decided to go in and get some things that we were low on, personally thought the prices didnt warrant buying it there! Can buy it the same price at ma local shop round the corner.

Never seen a soul on the way round either apart from 1 staff.
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Chee whizz someone rattled your cage eh!!!

I can only go on personal experience but other than a lack of staff at the checkouts I have found this shop to be very good. Many of its goods are equal in price and sometimes cheaper than Tesco's.

As to selling out items you only have to look at the areas in Tesco's to see that they also sell out milk. I have also noticed that depending upon the time you go to Tesco many times their shelfs are empty of goods as well.

The sandwiches they sell are the best in Wick.

I also would hope that people who write on the org, actually type in English so that others can understand what they are saying.

Also applies to those that use "text messaging" short hand.

Haldanes is a bit crap but they have nice cookies and sausage rolls for lunch. I also hear their beefy bake is excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by secretsquirrel View Post

I also would hope that people who write on the org, actually type in English so that others can understand what they are saying.

What has that got to do with the price of cheese? Honestly!

People can type whatever way they want to. Dont see anythin in the rules against it.

"Bain, stop talking"

"Yes sir Secret squirrel!"

I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShelleyBain View Post
    What has that got to do with the price of cheese? Honestly!

People can type whatever way they want to. Dont see anythin in the rules against it.

"Bain, stop talking"

"Yes sir Secret squirrel!"

Here here Shelley well said, next they will be back picing up on speling lol,

I hated it at first but now I quite like shopping there. The offers they do have on are really good. Liking it a bit more each time I go.

if you dont like a Week or caithness accent then what are you doing up here?

Personally I dont like Haldanes but it is good to have the choice so I will take a few things now and again also pick and choose from the coopie and tesco and good owld liddle. You carry on the good work Trix brilliant but I would say lofe not loaf just a thought not a criricism just an observation

Fits is english gaff yer on aboot ere hen? I divna ken fit ed is masel lek. Trix is choost e' best linguist aboot e' org and ats a fact!

Default Local Dialect

[quote=secretsquirrel;702700]
    /[quote]

I don't think it is unreasonable to suggest that "while in Rome............."
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Milkins View Post
    I don't think it is unreasonable to suggest that "while in Rome............."
    And theres always welsh isnt there kevin?

small fishing village outside wick called pulteney

Talking

so we have went from haldanes to the way we speak to slagging each other of over bananna loaf to blaming the welsh for something or other, to having a holiday in rome

my christ i love the org at times
    if it wasnt for pubs it would be tescos for us all

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast