Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone supporting England?????

i can think of only one reason England should win the world cup..We would never have to hear about 1966 again

Nah Ill will keep to my normal policy of complete indifference in sporting matters to that which lies beyond Hadrians Wall Indifference born out of the English media showing countless reruns of the 1966 world cup final .....and do you notice even after 40 years trying the ball has still never managed to cross the goal line for England "3rd" goal

Peter "the hand of God " MacDonald

scrapydoo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog
    Of Course I'll be supporting ENGLAND!!! Gotta support the best team after all!

Sorry bulldog you can't support SCOTLAND (the best team after all) it's that kak team!!! whats there name oh yeh England thats playing.

I shall be supporting any team that England plays against.

Quote Originally Posted by lab
    i can think of only one reason England should win the world cup..We would never have to hear about 1966 again
    We'd still hear about 1966 and we'd hear about 2006 as well!! Arrghhhh!! That would be annoying!! So I am definitely not supporting them!! I'll be supporting Sweden and Poland
    "If you do something right, people won't think you've done anything at all"

Im supporting England and Robert the Bruce is supporting Brazil.

When England get knocked out i always like to see Holland do well and love watching Brazil so we might agree on something

unicorn Guest

Brazil for me........

Quote Originally Posted by krieve
    Nope not me either ! Would England support Scotland if roles were reversed?????
    Absolutely and emphatically YES! If ENgland had not qualified and Scotland had then I guarantee there would be saltyres flying on vars* driven by ENglishmen down here. Most Brits love the underdog. Scotland wins would be cheered to the rafters in 80% of pubs down here, nee bother.

*typo, but left it to represent vans and cars lol.
    Last edited by landmarker; 05-Jun-06 at 20:32.

i have to say i am suporting england the whole way and hope they o the best they can with the players they have fit!! an yes i agree that if scotland was in the world cup they would have the suport of most of the english.....just a shame we dont have the suport from the scottish

kaz xx

Not only are we not supporting england but I would put money on the fact the sales of mars bars have dropped in scotland since they were renamed.

Quote Originally Posted by scrapydoo
    Sorry bulldog you can't support SCOTLAND (the best team after all) it's that kak team!!! whats there name oh yeh England thats playing.
    Oh that so called 'kak' team - ENGLAND who qualified yet again for another major tournament?

Never mind Scrapy - you can stay home listening to your new national footy anthem watching the magnificent Trinidad & Tobago (who are probably ranked higher than Scotland) BRING IT ON!

Quote Originally Posted by Naefearjustbeer
    Not only are we not supporting england but I would put money on the fact the sales of mars bars have dropped in scotland since they were renamed.
    What has happened to Mars Bars?

Quote Originally Posted by erli
    What has happened to Mars Bars?
    I was wondering too!!
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

Quote Originally Posted by connieb19
    I was wondering too!!
    You'll find your yummy mars bar is> Believe!!!

http://www.marsbelieve.com/
    Last edited by angela5; 05-Jun-06 at 21:56.

Quote Originally Posted by Naefearjustbeer
    I think sales and distribution networks of companies like Mars are well geared up enough NOT to send 'Believe' bars to Scotland. Unless you know different?

oh!! Ar believe!!
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by landmarker
    I think sales and distribution networks of companies like Mars are well geared up enough NOT to send 'Believe' bars to Scotland. Unless you know different?
    Actually, you give Mars more credit than they are due. Believe bars are alive and well in Wick.

The rumour I heard concerning the renaming of these bars is that it is because England will "Be Leavin" the tournament at an early stage ;o)

That would cause a few "Snickers" amongst the Braveheart community.

Nae, nae, and thrice nae!

The sweety vending machine at work has 4 rows of Believe bars hardly touched where the twixes tofee crisps etc are nearly all gone.

The sweet vending machine at work has 4 rows of believe bars sitting hardly touched, when all around the twixes, kit kats and toffee crisp etc rows are nearly empty.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast