Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John Higgins - Match Fixing

Default John Higgins - Match Fixing

And I thought he was one of the good guys. He should be banned for life.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news...-for-cash.html

Default Snooker

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge View Post
    And I thought he was one of the good guys. He should be banned for life.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news...-for-cash.html

My late father will turn in his grave. He was a big fan of Higgins.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Bloody greedy little sod,like he doesn`t have enough money already.Ban him for life and anyone else who does this sort of thing. Disgraceful behavior from a supposed professional.
    Don`t bother "repping" me it`s turned off.

HA-HA and davis thought he won because he was good.

Slightly different take on it on the BBC website - his manager is quoted as saying they were feared for their safety at the time, which has to be one of the more creative excuses people have come up with in these situations, although given they were in the Ukraine, possibly slightly more justified than normal:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8656637.stm

That is shocking

Like most so called sports these days they are behaving the same way as our corrupt, greedy, backstabbing, stealing, two faced, lying, selfish (you get the idea) politicians

You know the worst thing about all this. It is that everyone believes it without question. Every one thinks that everyone is corrupt.

I am not saying it is not true, but that I do not know if it is true or not.

I will wait until Mr Barry Hearn has conducted his enquiry and has published the result.

It would not be the first time a Newspaper has set things up and edited a video to make it look like one thing when in actual fact it was the opposite.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

I see he has now been suspended. What is about guys like him. They are born with a talent, make a fortune from it and still want more. Greed can be a terrible thing and can destroy lives as John Higgins will now find out to his cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    You know the worst thing about all this. It is that everyone believes it without question. Every one thinks that everyone is corrupt.

I am not saying it is not true, but that I do not know if it is true or not.

I will wait until Mr Barry Hearn has conducted his enquiry and has published the result.

It would not be the first time a Newspaper has set things up and edited a video to make it look like one thing when in actual fact it was the opposite.
    We don't often agree but in this case, well said.

Quote Originally Posted by cazmanian_minx View Post
    Slightly different take on it on the BBC website - his manager is quoted as saying they were feared for their safety at the time, which has to be one of the more creative excuses people have come up with in these situations, although given they were in the Ukraine, possibly slightly more justified than normal:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8656637.stm
    If they agreed to go along with the scam because they feared for their safety why didn't they report it to the WPBSA before the media broke the story, that way the governing body would have been able to take a different stance?

Shame if this is true, but better to wait and see the results of the investigation........................

Unhappy

I hope this story is wrong with it being in that high class toilet paper The News of the World, but have my doubts. Looks like snooker is rank rotten from top to bottom. John Higgins a cheat? Almost unbelievable.

A sad day for snooker

The Loafer
    Tally ho with a bing and a bong and a buzz-buzz-buzz

if he got a fortune for losing a few games then so what,anybody else would do the same if offered crazy money.he quite rite to take what he gets out of it if somone daft enough to pay him.i would do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by fifa king View Post
    if he got a fortune for losing a few games then so what,anybody else would do the same if offered crazy money.he quite rite to take what he gets out of it if somone daft enough to pay him.i would do the same.
    If you really think this, then I think you would be perfect as an MP. After all most of them are Taking Money from us Tax Payers.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Typical ppl from Caithness judging before proven for sure

After all this is coming from News of the World

If proven then i hold my hands up

He's been suspended, and his manager has resigned.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...128682,00.html

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post
    If they agreed to go along with the scam because they feared for their safety why didn't they report it to the WPBSA before the media broke the story, that way the governing body would have been able to take a different stance?
    Have you ever tried to get anywhere near these people they are sorounded by body guards, media, hanger ons managers, staff, family and fans and yet some bent bookie makes them fear for their lives

Quote Originally Posted by series2A View Post
    Have you ever tried to get anywhere near these people they are sorounded by body guards, media, hanger ons managers, staff, family and fans and yet some bent bookie makes them fear for their lives

This is very true in this country, but the Alleged Bribe was in Kiev the Ukrainian capital. So they were not on home ground and they would not have the same security as they would elsewhere. So it just might be possible what they claim. We will just have to wait and see what happens. Whatever does happen it is a Sad and Black day for Snooker.

Edgar Allen Poe

Well it's makes a boring sport a bit more interesting prehaps this was why it was done to stir a bit of interest in a dire sport that as far as I'm concerned makes crown green bowling sound exciting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast