Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: dog throwing up!

If you need food for the kennels during your holiday I would recommend giving Burns Pet Nutrition a ring.
    http://shop.burnspet.com/BrowseCusto...Dog_Moist_Food

On the top right of the page there is a freephone number for their Nutritional Helpline.

I have been feeding their dry food to my 3 dogs for many years and wouldn't use anything else. They are helpful and all my dogs food related health problems (allergies, itching, scaly skin) have disappeared years ago.

They will be able to tell you which of their food, if any, is suitable for your dog, even if it's only temporary, whilst you are away.

Thumbs up

Thanks for the link Stefan.

Burns food is really good but I prefer to give Benjy a moist food and never knew that Burns made this now.
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

Thanks for the link!
    I will have to phone as I cannot find the fat content anywhere.
    Hopefully I can find something...
    apparently pedigree do a food I can use... if only I can find it.. and Poppy will eat it... she is getting too used to home cooked meals

The oil content is 2.60% Dadie.

Forgot to say be careful about feeding Pedigree. I know someone who fed this to his dog and it was nearly put to sleep due to breathing problems.

Once he changed the diet to Butchers food the dogs breathing is fine and even some fatty lumps which he has have disappeared.

I think the problem is probably due to unnecessary colourings and additives.

It would be worth you checking out foods at www.zooplus.co.uk

Good luck!

[quote-dadie]Fit to go to kennels!
    Has to keep her low fat diet... <5% fat
    [/quote]

Have a look at the protein content too. Anything too high in protein can play havoc with a dog's digestive system. Baker's is the absolute worst! I feed less than 20% protein feeds (which are usually low fat too ) and it reduces problems tons. I also try and feed a BARF diet (biologically appropriate raw food - sometimes called bones and raw food). Not always easy as you need plenty of freezer space. It is great for their bones, teeth and coat though as they are eating as nature intended. Big bones also last ages and work wonders for boredom issues

If you go into Harrolds on a Tues they usually have dog bones
    ¡ǝʇǝןdɯoɔ sı ǝɟıן ʎɯ - buızɐɹb sǝsɹoɥ ʎɯ sı ooן ʎɯ ɯoɹɟ ʍǝıʌ ǝɥʇ

Ta
    Im feeding her chicken, rice and veg... peas, sweetcorn, carrots etc and getting really fed up making different dinners for EVERYONE!
    Lauren & Iona 1 meal and jazzing it up for us, baby mush for Euan, and something for the dog....cat.. is easy rip open a pouch and bung it down, fish.. a pinch of food, rabbits.. peelings and some pellets and as much lawnmowing as they want to do

Im having a really bad day in the kitchen as well... I have burned 2 pots and broken my stick blender.... now have to squish baby mush through a sieve....
    and I havent started on the dinner for us or the dog yet!
    Last edited by Dadie; 02-Jun-10 at 15:50.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234