Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: best pub for footy? - this is not a wind up

It was in a kayaking magazine or website. I believe that a paddle round St Kilda is something of a kayakers heaven if the weather window allows. Something very few paddlers get to do. Now you cannot get a pint when you stop in to land.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid
    Skinandi's ain't showing the football. All the games will be shown in Top Joes though.
    does that mean that the owner is relaxing his rules on footie colours then?
    or will you still be asked to leave as he doesn't want that type of customer in??
    beauty is in the eye of the beerholder!

Nope, no relaxing of football colour rules. I don't personally get why you have to wear a football top to support a team anyway.

Not let that type of customer in? Thats a bit of a harsh statement. We show most football matches, in fact, pretty much every game we can. Any other pub in Thurso show both the FA Cup and Scottish cup at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid
    Nope, no relaxing of football colour rules. I don't personally get why you have to wear a football top to support a team anyway.
    You don't of course. Few things look more ridiculous than an overweight boozer wearing a football top. It should be compulsory to wear the whole kit, including shorts and stockings, then many of the middle aged or older, unfit, lardy,or skinny legged ones would not bother. Knees on a fifty year old do not always look good.

I wouldn't be seen dead in a football kit, although I used to adore them.
    These days, with greying hair and beard, I couldn't stop a pig in a ginnel, and would look quite silly.

The Comm bar is always the best for watching the football or rugby
    In mitigation Mr Bruce de Wert said his client had been drinking and could remember little of the incident.

Quote Originally Posted by cullbucket
    The Comm bar is always the best for watching the football or rugby
    Aye... if you can see the TV that is.

jeid you work there so of course you are going to say top joes lol!

Yeah, true, but you "own" the Holburn, so you'd probably say there.

To be honest though, I'd probably always go to TJ's to watch the football.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12