Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Got any video?

Default Got any video?

We're looking for any video footage that we can get of local bands in action.

At the moment we're not set up to convert VHS or similar but we can handle pretty much anything else that can be viewed on a PC.

So, PM away with details of anything you got. Whole gigs or single songs, your choice.

I'd especially like to hear from anyone that has the "Live Aid" gig converted to DVD as I know loads of people would love to see it (again and again in some cases)

Other stuff we would like to see is any Pipe Band footage, music festival stuff, indeed anything you may have lying around.

If you're selling a DVD and could make a trailer for it, we'll do you a great deal on advertising it, otherwise any footage thats "just for fun" will be given the free treatment.

Naill,
    I'm partially through converting everything I have to DVD. This includes lots of Edge of the World Festivals and most of the numerous bands I've played in over the 21 years I've lived in Caithness.

What is also very good is a David Dunnet Video compilation he made, I bought and have now copied to DVD (I only copied the bits that interested me) This includes classis Jazz club from the Old Weigh Inn - anyone want to see Chobbers at the age of 5 or 6 playing drums? Its very sweet!!

Other band stuff is NOT fit for public consumption (it is so bad!!).

Don't know if any of the younger generation would be much interested in any of this.

Deemac

I can guarantee that loads of people young and old would be interested. If its not copyrighted, or you hold the rights, I'd be delighted to do the conversions and get some of it, or all the suitable stuff, up on the net. PM me if you're interested.

wudnt mind seing that vid of Chobbers drumming at an early age deemac! hee hee
    Big Imagination For Feeling Young Cause Life Yearns Real Optimism

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

oo er........................wait a minute how much do I get payed...................................me at the age of 6..........................Deemac you & I have a reckoning on the cards make no bannable wording mistake about that

go on then it can't be any worse than some of what I just saw on Jools Holland's show

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Chobbersjnr
    oo er........................wait a minute how much do I get payed...................................me at the age of 6..........................Deemac you & I have a reckoning on the cards make no bannable wording mistake about that

go on then it can't be any worse than some of what I just saw on Jools Holland's show
    Chobbers,
    As you know this is classic stuff. All the dudes and dudettes with love you for ever more when they see this!! (Your just so dam cute) It can't go hidden any more. If you ever get famous this is the clip that the TV shows will put on to completely embarrass your super cool rock star ego with . . . .!!

What concerns me though is the Big Band footage with me on Simmons Kit trying very hard (and completely failing) to do a Buddie Rich impersonation in my groovy shiny purple shirt with white bow tie!! (Scarry, VERY scarry!!) It seemed cool way back in 1987 (or whenever it was).

Quote Originally Posted by Deemac
    Chobbers,
    As you know this is classic stuff. All the dudes and dudettes with love you for ever more when they see this!! (Your just so dam cute) It can't go hidden any more. If you ever get famous this is the clip that the TV shows will put on to completely embarrass your super cool rock star ego with . ).
    aye well yeah OK...............................a fine ego it is to

Quote Originally Posted by Chobbersjnr
    aye well yeah OK...............................a fine ego it is to
    When we getting to see it then?
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

Quote Originally Posted by connieb19
    When we getting to see it then?
    ask deemac, he keeps my ego in a flightcase

unicorn Guest

I feel old now I remember chobbers playing drums at not much older lol!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn
    I feel old now I remember chobbers playing drums at not much older lol!!!!!!
    & it has left serious mental scarring............................right......... ...

unicorn Guest

Nah I must admit to being totally jealous cos it looked like a whole lot of fun!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deemac
    Naill,
    I'm partially through converting everything I have to DVD. This includes lots of Edge of the World Festivals and most of the numerous bands I've played in over the 21 years I've lived in Caithness.

What is also very good is a David Dunnet Video compilation he made, I bought and have now copied to DVD (I only copied the bits that interested me) This includes classis Jazz club from the Old Weigh Inn - anyone want to see Chobbers at the age of 5 or 6 playing drums? Its very sweet!!

Other band stuff is NOT fit for public consumption (it is so bad!!).

Don't know if any of the younger generation would be much interested in any of this.

Deemac

I'd definitely be interested in seeing this. Would certainly bring back a lot of good memories. Please send it in to tv.caithness.org if you get it all compiled, Deemac. Cheers!

Deemac has some conversions still to complete, but we've arranged for me to make a start in about a week or thereabouts, sounds like he has loads of footage so should be really interesting.

Nail... Its a small comunity up here... very tight... some might say...

The video sounds awesome!
    Big Imagination For Feeling Young Cause Life Yearns Real Optimism

Sure is Zeebdy

I reckon folks would be far more interested in original material than covers anyway, lucky for us there seems to have been a great deal of it created in caithness.

We'll be linking to anything we find/are told about also, so if anyone wants to put their own stuff up on google (like the Parkour vid and the new fishing comp one) thats great. I'll try and answer any questions I can about video conversion and uploading etc to help out those who would like to give it a go.

If there is enough interest I'll create a subforum in the photography section for video related stuff.