Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: **NEW** TV.Caithness.Org

Default **NEW** TV.Caithness.Org

TV.Caithness.Org

Just to let everyone know that I've finally started TV.Caithness.Org as a place to put videos from our fair county. To kick off we have a couple of news programmes from Hillhead School (for which they may well be winning an award today - Stick Radio 2 on just now), a quick drive across Wick and a Parkour Training video set in Thurso.

We're using video.google.com to store the videos so if you have anything listed on there yourself that relates to Caithness (although we could not find it if you have), drop me a line and I'll add it to the site.

If you have a video, for now, in electronic format; AVI, MPEG, DVD etc. basically anything you can view on a pc, get in touch and we'll see what we can do about getting it uploaded to google and added to our site.

If you have any ideas for video that you might be recording in the future we'd be interested to hear about it.

Niall - you've been reading my mind!! I was thinking of asking Tugmistress if she would take and post some video sequences for those of us who are far away. I loved the images on the surfing site - took me back to my childhood. Great news!
    "Step sideways, pause and study those around you. You will learn a great deal."

Thumbs up

What a brilliant idea!! Well done to all at .org!!

It will be great for the people who havent been to Wick for a while to see all the changes that have been made.

We locals take it all for granted.

Well done. I think this section will be a big hit. Still photos are good, moving pictures.....wonderful. Hope to see lots more "drives" around the area and clips of public events.

The clip "Hillhead to Burn Street" just brought it back to me how small a town Wick actually is.

events like some events from pipe band week also pipe band fun night and wick gala should be on the new page and other events ??

Just watched the Thurso PK Training Vid thought it was brilliant you must need a lot of energy and confidence to do that.I hope that there will be more local videos coming in thats brilliant idea.

I'm just in the process of uploading "Riverside carpark to Trinkie carpark". Should be available to view tomorrow sometime.

Took me three attempts to do the journey within 6 minutes BTW The guy who has a black-modded hatch should get his brake lights modded so that they actually come on when he brakes. (lucky for him I had to redo the run or his number plate would be famous)

The video shows just how bumpy the roads are in certain parts of the town, it also shows the new, smoother road surfacing thats going on in the High Street.

If these videos prove popular, I'll probably re-record them during better weather, if we get any

nice video lol, BTW your car sound's like a citreon 2cv

yer, the mic is a bit tinny init? The latest run was with the window open so hopefully there will be more sounds of life, if not from the car itself Any offers of a smooth running motor to replace this one are most welcome, I quite fancy the new BMW 6 series

nice looking car the beamer,i am just a few pound short of the £33.000 for the twin turbo,i wish

Default Can I bump a topic or what? Making it sticky would have been no fun...

If you spot one locally, try and get it on video then we can have it on the site

Default TV.caithness.org

What a wonderful idea - thank you for the great effort in putting it together. I look forward to many more clips from Caithness.
    With summer approaching and the magnificent countryside at it's best there's a feast in store for us all !

In anticipation,
    Trinkie

Just added: Drive from Riverside Carpark to Trinkie / Old Man Carpark.

Coming Soon: Thrumster to Wick Retail Park.

hi niall any others ??

The Hillhead school ones are very well done considering the kids are only 11 to 12 years old and new to it all. They were using 'green screen' and I have to congratulate them and their teacher for a well done job. After all it did help them win 1st prize in the Scottish Education Awards. Well done Hillhead!
    Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

any others coming up ??

This is truly inspired. I can't wait for Stridercam, as Strider himself patrols the route of the Thurso pipe band down through Princes Street and up through Traill Street. Or when Caithness.org sets up 'Spotlight on Masonic Hall'. Both can't come soon enough.

How about aircraft flying in and out at Wick airport?

"A family tree can wither if nobody tends it's roots"

Very good Niall, couldn't view the one to the Trinkie though.
    Live the Dream, don't dream the life

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast