Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Zwartbles Sheep?

Default Zwartbles Sheep?

Does anyone know if Zwartbles sheep are bred in Caithness? Used to keep my horse with a farmer's old tup, he was mad but adorable. Would absolutely love a pet one!

Yes there is a lovely small flock as you go into Wick on the Castletown/Wick Road....I think a bit before Reiss heading into town.....I think someone was selling some on the org, a while back. But they are definately in the county. You could try posting for a Zwart on the farming and crofting forum or the wanted ads.....

Smile sheep

hi,my neighbour in lybster breeds them .pm with your details and i will pass it on

Default Skitten

Benjy Mackay at Skitten Farm breeds them. He has some crackers they just done the lambing so you never know there could be a spare pet one knocking around. you should find him in the phone book or send me a pm and i could get you the number.

cheers
    You can please some o the fowk some of the time, but you canna please all o the fowk all of the time.

I'm not sure who breeds any of these, but there great to keep with horses as they love to eat ragwort!! Score!!

Default Zwartbles sheepies

Arghh.. for some reason although I am logged in, I can't send private mail! 3 years on this site I can still hardly use it.

Thanks for the replies; would be great if I could get the man from Skinnet farm's number Mop Top?

Maybe If you know him well you could mention that as I just want one as a pet I wouldn't care if it was marked properly etc. Just think they are awesome sheep after having one as a companion last year!

Thanks all
    Last edited by Poppy_88; 05-May-10 at 01:24.

Yeah Craigmansie - I've heard they are right munchers, so will be good for ragwort and will be handy to have another mouth sharing the grass; stop the Shetlands getting too beefy!

Default hi

Have sent you a pm with contact details for breeder in Skitten hopefully you will be able to access your pm's even though you cant send them

cheers
    You can please some o the fowk some of the time, but you canna please all o the fowk all of the time.