Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: steaks

Default steaks

hi a had a sirlion steak for my tea tonight it was just beautiful realy good bought from tescos butcher department

Yum- what did you have with it? Chips, onion rings, tomatoes, an egg on top?
    And did you put tarragon on the steak?

Quote Originally Posted by John Little View Post
    Yum- what did you have with it? Chips, onion rings, tomatoes, an egg on top?
    And did you put tarragon on the steak?
    hi john yes indeed i put tarragon on them as i will do from now on i had chips mushrooms onions griled tomatoe and a stuffed pepper oh and a glass of wine [or two] now i cant move i am going to watch tv and chill hope you have a nice weekend eevery time i get out the tarragon i think of you all the best k

Hi I'm a veggie but my OH is not he likes steak so what is the tarragon taste like? Ive not used it before

Years ago I was doing a long distance walk and camped out on New Year's eve. There was a -7 degree frost and so the next night, being fed up of playing hard, I decided to do a guest house. It did evening meal and the wife there cooked steak with tarragon, and I washed it down with a bottle of good red wine.

The tarragon is a sweet woody herb that brings out the flavour of steak in a way that nothing else I have ever come across does. It works on roast beef too. It just makes it taste lush; tarragon and steak are just heavenly twins, meant for each other.

Your OH will love it.

If you are cautious about it, try cooking a steak in the normal way and getting some mustard with tarragon from the supermarket. Not quite as good but it will give the idea.

K thanks i maybe give it to him on his birthday

hi yes john is right they are just mmmm it tastes so much better hope your oh enjoys it k

My Favourite Steak is a RibEye Steak. Tesco have some really Tasty ones and this is in either Thurso or Wick.

I dont have them often as they are so expensive but I am content to have them about once every 3 months or so. Next time I will try with some Tarragon as you suggest John Little as it sounds real good. Yum Yum wish I had one right now.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Must try it.

Default Steak?

What are you doing? Go to the butchers buy local there is no comparison if you ever get the chance try a bit oh hielan coo, Tarragon is nice on chicken must give it a go on eh steak

I agree cullpacket - buy local! Heilan' coo is indeed rather fab - have you tried buffalo? Had buffalo sirloin recently and it was marvelous! Must give the tarragon a shot tho - I love a good steak!