Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Pubs that allow dogs?

Default Pubs that allow dogs?

Are there any pubs or places to eat that allow dogs on the premises in Thurso?

The only place I know is the tables outside The Tempest - anywhere else?

Thank you

Whenever I've been in the commercial there have been dogs in there. Opposite the royal bank of Scotland i think it is...
    Renovating and Plumbing work
    Good rates
    07921 193353

Sorry I carnt help you, but I will be intrested to hear the replies to your question.
    Live the dream, don't dream the life

Saw two friendly collies in the Grove when I was up the other week.
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

I don't agree with dogs being where folks are trying to eat. It's not hygenic.

I also don't see the point in them being in pubs, I can imagine a landlords face if I were to take mine in, he would take up all the room.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

ts a good point everyones dog has fleas at some point...or is that just mine
    Good rates
    07921 193353

Quote Originally Posted by mrlennie View Post
    ts a good point everyones dog has fleas at some point...or is that just mine

Fleas LOL
    Live the dream, don't dream the life

Default Dogs in pubs

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    Saw two friendly collies in the Grove when I was up the other week.
    Is "The Grove" the bar beside the Y-Not?

Thanks. Keep the replies coming

What about that pub where the dogs play poker?

http://southportbooze.files.wordpres...ng-poker-1.jpg
    Good rates
    07921 193353

Default Dogs in pubs

Quote Originally Posted by mrlennie View Post
    What about that pub where the dogs play poker?

http://southportbooze.files.wordpres...ng-poker-1.jpg
    Now that's just perfect!!!

Quote Originally Posted by changilass View Post
    I don't agree with dogs being where folks are trying to eat. It's not hygenic.
    i've been in pubs in thurso where some of the regulars are less hygienic and mooch more than some mongrels.

admittedly they don't lick their balls while you're talking to them, but i bet they would if they could.

Quote Originally Posted by Nacho View Post
    i've been in pubs in thurso where some of the regulars are less hygienic and mooch more than some mongrels.

admittedly they don't lick their balls while you're talking to them, but i bet they would if they could.
    this made my day! I know a few like that too.
    ~Sarah~
    Owner of 2 greyhounds, 1 Lurcher puppy, 2 cats, 3 rabbits, 3 guinea pig's and a hamster!

Quote Originally Posted by Nacho View Post

Naw thats Week, your just confused
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Thumbs up dogs & pubs

Quote Originally Posted by YummyMummy View Post
    Are there any pubs or places to eat that allow dogs on the premises in Thurso?

The only place I know is the tables outside The Tempest - anywhere else?

Thank you
    You can go into the grove with your dog. Isla & steve have 2 collies that are quite often in the bar.you can get food as well they give you a menu from y not but you can eat it in the grove!

Default Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by ryrie View Post
    You can go into the grove with your dog. Isla & steve have 2 collies that are quite often in the bar.you can get food as well they give you a menu from y not but you can eat it in the grove!
    That's great - thank you very much

Halladale Inn in Melvich allows dogs in the bar. If anyone else does not want to eat in the bar where there are dogs they have a dining room.

Default Doggie pubs

We often used to visit the Weigh Inn with Archie. Although you can't take dogs inside they do have tables outside and no-one ever complained at us when he was with us. We will have Archie and Angus this summer though!! Lets hope we don't arrive there at the same time as you, Yummy Mummy or it may look like a labrador convention. lol

The Pentland let in a wifie with her westie in the foyer bit to eat/knit/yap with her pals when we used to go there with the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    We often used to visit the Weigh Inn with Archie. Although you can't take dogs inside they do have tables outside and no-one ever complained at us when he was with us. We will have Archie and Angus this summer though!! Lets hope we don't arrive there at the same time as you, Yummy Mummy or it may look like a labrador convention. lol
    lol! Imagine???

It's a question that I have been asked by prospective guests to my holiday property in Thurso. They are very keen to have their dog join them when they are out and about and want to check out what is available before they make a reservation.

With my lot I fear I may never see a pub again