Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Gable-End Re-Pointing?

Default Gable-End Re-Pointing?

We had "Cowboys" from Thurso to re-point the gable end of our house about two years ago. (I know they were "Cowboys" cos of other stuff they did on our house BTW !!!!)

Well, I've just noticed tiny patches of damp coming through our bedroom wall (on gable-end), and, though I'm not a builder, I take it that this is caused by "Cowboy" work on same !!!!

Can anyone recommend a good builder (and honest !!) that would maybe come and have a look at this ?
    I'm the kind of woman whose feet hit the floor each morning, and the Devil says........... " Oh, Blast She's Up !! "

Thumbs up Builder

Hi Wickblast now do building work,can be contacted on Wick 01955603454 or mobile 07769954475 or by e-mail Wickblast@aol.com
    Last edited by joe; 22-Apr-10 at 21:11. Reason: add email

Thanks Joe - will give them a phone !
    I'm the kind of woman whose feet hit the floor each morning, and the Devil says........... " Oh, Blast She's Up !! "

Hi, dampness can occur from several problems/places within a house. ( always go with a time served tradesman) cowboys can do things cheap, but be prepared to pay a tradesman to come and do the work properly afterwards.