Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Dunnett Family Wick....

Default Dunnett Family Wick....

Does anyone know of or was related too a Thomas,shelia,Linda Dunnett,they lived near the railway station in Wick,they all attended wick high school in the 5o's and 60's,any help on this family or any dunnett conections to this family would be greatly appereciated thankyou.

Red face Dunnett Family

Hello I have a Dunnett in my family tree but she is a further back than the people who went to the high school.
    I have a Jessie Dunnett born Canisbay circa 1867. If you see my post about the Clan Gunn Chief, her husband James Gunn is mentioned. As far as I know they had one son John who married and went to Australia. I don't know if they had any family. I have a bit more on the two male Gunns but I would prrefer to send it as a PM if you need it. Cheers.

Thanks i'll get back to you on that one,not sure if there were gunns i'll need to recheck and pm you thanks.

Default Dunnett Family in Wick

Hello,
    I, myself, stayed close to the railway station in the '50s & '60s and yes there were 2 Dunnett families who also lived closeby. One family stayed in Gowrie Place and had a son John. I don't know of any siblings but John's father had an accident and lost an arm. The other family stayed, I think in Kenneth Street. I know they had a daughter, Sheila who married a chap Macinnes or Macalpine and they had a daughter Morag. His car reg was M20RAG. That's about all I can tell at this time but hope it helps.
    Regards
    Bill

Default Thanks

I've sent you a pm Bill thanks very much,yes he did have a bad arm,he did have a son John,dont know if he is still here,and they were the family from Gorwie place thanks again,Bill......

Bill
    We know each other - via Sarcleteers and same year at North School.
    Do you know any more about John Dunnett Gowrie Place - he was a very close friend of my older brother Brian. Many happy days 1950s -we left Wick 1958 -- Wonder where John is now.
    Tricia (nee More)
    Last edited by Tricia; 01-Oct-11 at 13:31.