Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Murdoch Rosie and Margaret Jack - Isle of Stroma

Default Murdoch Rosie and Margaret Jack - Isle of Stroma

Seeking any info on the family of Murdoch Rosie b. abt 1743 on Stroma. He married Margaret Jack on 12 Nov 1768 in Caithness.

Children I have found are:
    David b. Mar 1769
    Jean b. 12 Feb 1770
    Madge b. 26 Oct 1771
    Alexander b. 27 Sept 1774
    Margaret b. 24 Jan 1777
    Christian b. 21 Aug 1779
    Bessye b. 6 Jul 1782

All children born in Caithness. Would love to find what happened to this family. And would also love to know if Murdoch is buried on Stroma. If anyone could help me with marriages or deaths , or with any info at all , I would love to hear from them.
    Thanks

Default Rosie

don't know where murdoch is buried but i have his daughter Margaret to James Bremner. born 1777 Stroma, died 17/10/1855 Thrumster married 18/12/ 1801 Wick. they had 8 children. a lot of info available on http://www.brebner.com/
    Last edited by newlabeluk; 02-Jun-06 at 22:58.
    Perserverence is the Key
    Searching Hazel,Campbell,Sutherland,Bremner,Calder,Gunn.
    Jacquie

Default Rosie

Thank You very much for your reply. I rummaged through my records , and I see that I did have the Bremner info. My direct connection is through the Rosie line , and I have hit a brick wall tracking this group. I know that some some where , somebody has a connection. I will just keep plugging along. Thanks again.
    Steve