Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wayne Rooney

Well, I just watched yet another prog about 1966 and all that.... and it was a bit moving. All those lads now with tired eyes and grey hair. I'm about ten years younger - was fifteen when we won it - probably the last real thing England fans had to shout about. You Scots might rake up Bannockburn now and again and you're welcome to do so but at least on the field of Wembley, no-one got killed eh? I went down there the year after. 1967. For the visit of the Scotland team. I couldnae get a ticket after an all night hitch down and by two.pm we'd given up[ and got the tube to Coldblow Lane, New Cross - to watch Millwall at the 'old den' an experience I would not have missed.

Your boys beat the world champions that day so at least it gave you superior bragging rights for a while. Millwall? they beat Bristol City 2-1. It took me twenty four hours to hitch home but what a weekend.
    All thes events ar epart of one mans rich tapestry of a part time love affair with football. Whoever you support or follow it surely is THE beautiful game.
    Come on Ivory Coast!!

Quote Originally Posted by wicker
    How many people here are actually going to be supporting england during the world cup? I for one definately am without a doubt.
    I`m praying this is a sarcastic post...My trindad top is in the post!!!

Well, we bought our grand-daguther a replica kit today alomng with a world cup party kit full of novelty items -bunting/stickers/general tat lol - for a good old shindig on Saturday. I'm really sorry Scotland are not at the party too. A next round meeting between the two auld enemies would have been great.Maybe next time eh? I'm scouring e.bay for a clip on saltyre to balance out the red and white flag on me auld audi. I know I'm not a Scot but it's a heart and head thing. I might have to settle for a union flag though, saltyres are thin on the ground around here. England needs some good news a three nil win against Paraguay will do for now.

Clutchingatstrawsmarker

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123