Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Who says greyhounds & cats don't get on?

Talking Who says greyhounds & cats don't get on?

Hehe, I took these pics of my boys and wanted to share. I just love them!

Few more...
    ~Sarah~
    Owner of 2 greyhounds, 1 Lurcher puppy, 2 cats, 3 rabbits, 3 guinea pig's and a hamster!

Few more...
    ~Sarah~
    Owner of 2 greyhounds, 1 Lurcher puppy, 2 cats, 3 rabbits, 3 guinea pig's and a hamster!

wow sarah, feckin ace pics like, great to see harmony between the rascals

Aren't they sweet?
    ~Sarah~

Terrific pictures proving greyhounds and lurchers can and do get on with their pussycat friends....I have two lurchers and three pussycats.

Can confirm that my two houndies and their late pal also get on with our five moggies.
    Lovely photos Sarah.
    Evelyn

Aw Sarah what great photos of your gorgeous boys!
    Last edited by Liz; 17-Apr-10 at 23:06.

hi sarah i can believe it they look so cosy and very good pals

Very cute...!!

My lurcher's frightened of cats. If they walk towards her - she hides behind my legs!

Different story if they run off, mind.

Running dogs are funny things - they seem to know which are 'their' cats and accept them without much of a fuss.
    Many years ago, I kenneled 'Nookie' my retired racer whilst we went away for a few days. He was a notorious cat-chaser and the kennels had quite a few moggies, so I warned the owners to keep an eye on him around the loose cats.

When I got back I found out they had decided to keep Nookie in the house with their own pets as he was such a placid dog. I was aghast, visions of cat murdering on a grand scale flitted across my mind....

"Nah" they said, "He fell asleep in front of the fire next to two of the cats and never bothered them at all"

Yeah mine know their own cats, next doors are a different story! It's OK though, next doors cats bully my cats, so I am all for my dogs chasing them they always get away as we have a wall the dogs can't get at.
    ~Sarah~

You are really lucky - my lurcher would have cats for breakfast, lunch and dinner!!