Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Morags Cafe

I didn't say the quality of everything has gone downhill but some of it has. Her baking is as good as ever and the drinks selection has something for everyone.
    As for the layout of it now maybe she has a method behind it!

Surely people would prefer little choice but good food? Quality not quantity?

Surely it would be fairer to discuss these complaints with the owner rather than on here ?

Quote Originally Posted by starry View Post
    Surely it would be fairer to discuss these complaints with the owner rather than on here ?

Good point but it is also a forum where we can discuss things like this and i always like to read folks opinions on places.
    What doesn't kill you, will make you stronger.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mopsy8385 View Post
    Is it just me or has the quality of the food gone downhill since she opened?
    Im not being rude but comments like that could effect her lively hood you shouldnt come on a forum nameing and shaming a local business because your not happy.
    If eating out and im not happy with the meal i tell them there and then so they can correct problem you cant fix something unless you no whats wrong?
    Last edited by EDDIE; 17-Apr-10 at 11:24.

I agree with EDDIE speak up at the time to the owner if you not happy and if there is a problem they can fix it.
    I walked past there today and it was busy so must still be good/popular.
    On the rare occasion 'her indoors' drags me out for lunch Morags is our first choice.

[quote=EDDIE;692546]Im not being rude but comments like that could effect her lively hood you shouldnt come on a forum nameing and shaming a local business because your not happy.
    If eating out and im not happy with the meal i tell them there and then so they can correct problem you cant fix something unless you no whats wrong

I hope you have said that in all the other threads that folk have written about local premises. There are quite a few on this forum.

I was only wanting other peoples opinions and if you read all replies she has also had positive feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by ducati View Post
    You would think with so few businesses serving the area, people would be a bit more reluctant to attempt to assassinate the ones that are left

I am just giving my opinion on what i think of Morags, not assassinating anyone. If someone doesn't like it they have every right to say so, so do the people that do like it.

Life would be very boring if we all liked the same things
    A gentle stream can split a mountain, given enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by floyed View Post
    I am just giving my opinion on what i think of Morags, not assassinating anyone. If someone doesn't like it they have every right to say so, so do the people that do like it.

Finally someone who speaks some sense on here!!!!!!

hi floyed i agree fully

i must say it was really nice to begin with now its not so good baking still as good as ever the cooking side no had a toasty and it was flat as if someone sat on it then had a salad another day and it was ok but i have had better and thats my opinion i did how ever tell the girls this and the just laughed

And I was making an observation

Quote Originally Posted by ducati View Post
    And I was making an observation
    Thats fine you have the right to make your observation:-) Like i have the right to say that i dont like the food
    Last edited by floyed; 18-Apr-10 at 13:40.
    A gentle stream can split a mountain, given enough time.

I do wonder if any of the negative posters on this thread have a vested interest in other food establishments in area.
    Michael Stone is innocent.
    Convicted without any forensic evidence and failed to be picked at any ID parade
    So who did kill Lin & Megan Russell
    http://www.michaelstone.co.uk/

The only vested interest I have in any food establishments is to get good food at a reasonable price with decent service and for them to have a decent kids menu or offer 1/2 portions!

Thumbs up

well we had a fantastic afternoon in here on saturday, my pal took 11 bairns and another 3 adults myself included in for lunch and a play on the bouncy. and we couldn't fault the service,nor the food. we had a prawn salad 2 tuna melt paninis and a cheese bacon and tomoto panini and the kids all had kids meals and there wasna anything left on the plates. and then we all tried the scrummy milkshakes.
    so for this establishment i'd give it a big thumbs up
    well morag for your service
    will be back

Default morags

I eat there now and again and never had a bad thing from it yet .personally i think its ace ,well done morag .
    thumbs down to weatherspoons cold rubberey grub

Quote Originally Posted by molly16 View Post
    I eat there now and again and never had a bad thing from it yet .personally i think its ace ,well done morag .
    thumbs down to weatherspoons cold rubberey grub
    Well said, I have eaten there on several occasions and it is brilliant value for money. Pleasant hard working staff. Lot of hard work put in by Morag to make what is a lovely cosy friendly cafe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12