Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Morags Cafe

Default Morags Cafe

Is it just me or has the quality of the food gone downhill since she opened?

Quote Originally Posted by Mopsy8385 View Post
    Is it just me or has the quality of the food gone downhill since she opened?
    hi no its not just you it used to be lovely now its poor

Sorry, can't agree with you on that one. I eat there most lunch times and the food is still as good as ever. Much better than anywhere else on the street.

her baking- especially her sponge cakes is lovely- as good as anywhere in the Uk
    Bagpuss

baking is fine .... cooking not so great...

Whatever next, best cafe in town, hardworkers do not deserve to be put down on Caithness.Org. I know fussy workmen who recently had their breakfast there, no complaints about anything , highly delighted with the breakfast, service and price.

Just you go by at lunchtime the place is heaving..............

Food has definetly gone down hill not great
    A gentle stream can split a mountain, given enough time.

I wonder if any of the people who are not happy with the cafe have expressed their displeasure direct to the proprietors, rather than sound off here behind the mask of anonymity.

I have seen in many a business a sign saying "If you are happy with our service, tell your friends. If not, tell us"
    Michael Stone is innocent.
    Convicted without any forensic evidence and failed to be picked at any ID parade
    So who did kill Lin & Megan Russell
    http://www.michaelstone.co.uk/

used to love Morags...miss it
    Is ì ’n dàs ìs truìme ìs ìsle ’chromas a ceann. - The heaviest ear of corn bends its head the lowest.

I havnt eaten lunch, breakfast or hot snack in morags so i cannot comment on that part, I will say that her baking is yummy and she mkes a mean cuppa milky coffee. Id say the only downfall is that its a bit crammed now, to much in a small space. I really dont like the pic n mix right in about all the chairs just a bit away from the bouncy castle thats just torturing parents with kids desp for a sweetie. Oh and also to many glass cabinets not very safe in an obvious kids part of the cafe.
    What doesn't kill you, will make you stronger.....

Food not as good as it was, I stopped going.

Quote Originally Posted by Anfield View Post
    I wonder if any of the people who are not happy with the cafe have expressed their displeasure direct to the proprietors, rather than sound off here behind the mask of anonymity.

I have seen in many a business a sign saying "If you are happy with our service, tell your friends. If not, tell us"
    concur. just a shame they dont have the balls to do that.

I'll stick up for Morags. I like the place and love the baking.

However on a recent visit north I counted more food places than shops in the town centre.

If I were to take an elderly friend out for lunch where would you recommend?
    Bagpuss

Default Morags

Quote Originally Posted by telfordstar View Post
    I havnt eaten lunch, breakfast or hot snack in morags so i cannot comment on that part, I will say that her baking is yummy and she mkes a mean cuppa milky coffee. Id say the only downfall is that its a bit crammed now, to much in a small space. I really dont like the pic n mix right in about all the chairs just a bit away from the bouncy castle thats just torturing parents with kids desp for a sweetie. Oh and also to many glass cabinets not very safe in an obvious kids part of the cafe.
    Telfordstar have to agree with you there about the pick n mix its just temptation for little ones as a mother of a 2 year old trust me i know they are at their level and they can't resist. Infact had a bit of a run in with a fellow customer who decided that she would hold my childs wrist and verbally scold her for helping herself to sweets i mean come on she is 2 and i paid for the sweets!

But as for the food its always been fine anytime we have eaten there little one always has macaroni which is homemade and always plenty of it and definatly can't fault the baking and the selection of it and the prices are more reasonable compared to say the harbour cafe. Personally like the bouncy castle as the kids play quite happily while you can enjoy a conversation if in company however haven't been back since the victorian lady decided my child should have her hands chopped off and be stoned in the market square for helping herself to a few penny sweets!

It used to be ok but I would rather do without anything than go there. There is a good variety of places to eat in Wick. If it is value for money your after cant do better than Bridge St Cafe. Houstons has more variety and it is quite good and there are lots more to choose from

Me thinks this should go in recomendations?....

Quote Originally Posted by Anfield View Post

Good God, Anfield. You can't have people discussing their concerns directly with those involved. That might involve actually getting off your arse and doing something about it.

Just think of the damage it would do to the .Orgs viewing figures.

BTW: They do a good breakfast.

You would think with so few businesses serving the area, people would be a bit more reluctant to attempt to assassinate the ones that are left

Quote Originally Posted by ducati View Post
    You would think with so few businesses serving the area, people would be a bit more reluctant to attempt to assassinate the ones that are left

But even though people are slagging them off we dont need more places to eat?..... Surely there is more than 10 in wick?

Quote Originally Posted by Creme_Egg View Post
    But even though people are slagging them off we dont need more places to eat?..... Surely there is more than 10 in wick?
    I just think more choice is better that less. I appreciate what you are saying, but we are in a unique position here. Either business from outside the area needs to be attracted in, or our homegrown citizenry needs to start new businesses. With such a small population in a remote area, both are rare and fragile.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast