Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Morags Cafe

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Morags Cafe

Is it just me or has the quality of the food gone downhill since she opened?

Quote Originally Posted by Mopsy8385 View Post
    hi no its not just you it used to be lovely now its poor

Sorry, can't agree with you on that one. I eat there most lunch times and the food is still as good as ever. Much better than anywhere else on the street.

her baking- especially her sponge cakes is lovely- as good as anywhere in the Uk
    Bagpuss

baking is fine .... cooking not so great...

Whatever next, best cafe in town, hardworkers do not deserve to be put down on Caithness.Org. I know fussy workmen who recently had their breakfast there, no complaints about anything , highly delighted with the breakfast, service and price.

Just you go by at lunchtime the place is heaving..............

Food has definetly gone down hill not great
    A gentle stream can split a mountain, given enough time.

used to love Morags...miss it
    Is ì ’n dàs ìs truìme ìs ìsle ’chromas a ceann. - The heaviest ear of corn bends its head the lowest.

I'll stick up for Morags. I like the place and love the baking.

However on a recent visit north I counted more food places than shops in the town centre.

If I were to take an elderly friend out for lunch where would you recommend?
    Bagpuss

It used to be ok but I would rather do without anything than go there. There is a good variety of places to eat in Wick. If it is value for money your after cant do better than Bridge St Cafe. Houstons has more variety and it is quite good and there are lots more to choose from

Me thinks this should go in recomendations?....

Quote Originally Posted by Mopsy8385 View Post
    Im not being rude but comments like that could effect her lively hood you shouldnt come on a forum nameing and shaming a local business because your not happy.
    If eating out and im not happy with the meal i tell them there and then so they can correct problem you cant fix something unless you no whats wrong?
    Last edited by EDDIE; 17-Apr-10 at 11:24.

I agree with EDDIE speak up at the time to the owner if you not happy and if there is a problem they can fix it.
    I walked past there today and it was busy so must still be good/popular.
    On the rare occasion 'her indoors' drags me out for lunch Morags is our first choice.

[quote=EDDIE;692546]Im not being rude but comments like that could effect her lively hood you shouldnt come on a forum nameing and shaming a local business because your not happy.
    If eating out and im not happy with the meal i tell them there and then so they can correct problem you cant fix something unless you no whats wrong

I hope you have said that in all the other threads that folk have written about local premises. There are quite a few on this forum.
    What doesn't kill you, will make you stronger.....

I was only wanting other peoples opinions and if you read all replies she has also had positive feedback!

i must say it was really nice to begin with now its not so good baking still as good as ever the cooking side no had a toasty and it was flat as if someone sat on it then had a salad another day and it was ok but i have had better and thats my opinion i did how ever tell the girls this and the just laughed