Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pentland Firth Sunset.

Nirofo, I do hope you were not taking a dig at anyone but merely expressing an opinion. I think most pic posters on here are honest enough to say whether their pics are "tweaked". Let's be honest tho, with today's available technology, would we all not be guilty of some manipulation, even if it is just to crop out something we did not spot in taking the image? I have to say tho that at least you made a comment about the photograph which was the intended subject of this thread which is more than Donnick and Aaldtimer did (tsk tsk ).
    Hi Wifie

Not taking a dig at anyone, just making a general observation! Like I said, I don't mind what post processing people use on their images so long as the final image is not being put across as straight from the camera when obviously it is not. If it's looks sharp in the right places, is well composed and it looks good to me, then that's the only criterion I work to.

nirofo.

Talking whitle

whitle whitel while blah blaha whekk whekk

Quote Originally Posted by donnick View Post
    Which language is this then?

Quote Originally Posted by wifie View Post
    Which language is this then?
    I think he's saying he'd like a nice plate of whelks to go with his whiting, or maybe he's swallowed a bone and he's choking on it ???

nirofo.

Talking yes

at the burger van at the front of skins on a fri or sat night

Quote Originally Posted by Deemac View Post
    Stunning photo MPH.

cherokee - If you like the image does it matter how it was produced?

Your implication is that it would lessen your appeal to an image just by knowing if it had been altered in some way. I'm not clear where this mentality originates from or why.

Whether film or digital, original or filtered / altered, the resulting image has been produced using a man made device that captures light and stores it artificially (on plastic silver coated film or a digital storage card).

If the end result pleases the viewer, surely that is all that matters?
    oh that is not a insult oopps

at the burger van at the front of skins on a fri or sat night
    And these are not strange ramblings then? Perhaps you could explain them when yer feelin' better . . .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123