Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Keeping hens

Default Keeping hens

What would I need to get me started keeping say 3 hens? and where can I get them from? any info folks

Default hens

we got 6 from allans of gillock 2 years almost to the day for my sons birthday very, very friendly birds who let you pick then up and handle them. great layers we were all egged out the first year but sadly two were run over as they were just so laid back and i know who it was who hit them and they didnt stop shame on you, you knew they were pets too

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    What would I need to get me started keeping say 3 hens? and where can I get them from? any info folks
    hi, a suitable house,and fox proof run,or freerange,feed,drinkers,
    depends on what you are looking for hen wise, eggs mainly or pets, prices depend on type of hen,i have a couple coming up for sale but mainly youngsters.Will have pekins,light sussex,legbars,and several types of marans soon.Barnevelders later on.

I'd like to keep them as a bit of a hobby but eggs would be a bonus. I've got a house that I think would be ok.
    Chaz if your selling any let me know when, thanks.