Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: High School Reunion 2004 - Information Only

mandyscudder Guest

Hi there

As I mentioned in the SCHOOL REUNION 2004 thread, this one is being set up for information only re the 1977 High School Reunion. I am currently obtaining the pupil list for our year and will post it here when it's received. As our reunion is still some time away there isn't exactly a rush for a date and place yet but if anyone has any suggestions then please leave details here.

So far, apart from the Reunion 'Soiree' itself, we've had suggestions for the following:-

1. A rematch of both the netball and football!!! That in itself should be worth a get together?!!! So PLEASE leave your name HERE (position too!!) so it can be added to the teams! C'mon now, don't be shy - I'll start it off - MANDY MILLER (GOAL ATTACK), being for NETBALL of course!!!!

2. A 'QUIZ NIGHT' for those who are interested?

One of the main things to find out is whether or not people want to come on their own or with their partner? For our Pulteneytown Academy Reunion back in March of this year, about 99% stated that they would prefer to come without partners. This was mainly due to the fact that we hadn't seen each other for over 20 years and to have only one night to catch up with everyone, it was thought that 'partners' would be bored as we 'reunioners' went clean mad reminscing!!!

It might well be different though this time around so can we have some thoughts on this when you've got a minute. It's maybe best, considering the amount of people involved this time to just leave it open to the individual. It just means though that we would have to obtain numbers well in advance as there are not too many places around which could cater for a few hundred guests.

ROLL ON 2004!!!

Love Mandy

xxxxxxxxxx

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mandyscudder on 16-Oct-2001 6:01am ]</font>

mandyscudder Guest

By the way, you will obviously be wondering just how we are going to manage to fit in all the aforementioned. Well the Reunion do itself will most probably take place on a Saturday as that seems to be the most popular night, ie a lot of people will be travelling up from down south and not finishing work until the Friday so it gives them time to get up to Wick.

The 'sporting' matches could take place on the Sunday afternoon, followed by the GENERAL QUIZ at night. Just a thought but please forward any suggestions.

Love Mandy

xxxxxxxxxx

mandyscudder Guest

OOPS!!! That title should actually read

HIGH SCHOOL REUNION 2004 - INFORMATION ONLY

I will ask Colin to change it for me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mandyscudder on 16-Oct-2001 6:28am ]</font>

Anonymous Guest

Mandy

When I was in Wick I saw John MacKenzie (who was in my primary class). John and Thomas MacKay have been in touch with the North School to get the list of folk from our P7 year who went up to the HS so it looks like things are 'starting to happen'.

I have given John your e-mail address plus my own, Colins, Jacquelines and Milky Boy Mannies BUT have sort of put you as the Main Co-ordinator for the Academy etc

I am sure you will hear from John and / or Thomas in the very near future.

love Madam Butterfly xx

Anonymous Guest

Mandy, count me in! I'll help where I can!

Anonymous Guest

Hi Mandy, I am well up for a quiz night but count me out of the netball as I don't reckon I will be able to stand upright comfortably the next day, never mind play a game of netball!

If the reunion is anything like our last one I think that there will be quite few who will no doubt be joining me in a liquid lunch, head in hands, suffering terribly!

I would be more of a hinder than a help but I promise to come and cheer anyone that does brave the netball pitch

Anonymous Guest

Jacqueline:

I agree I don't think their will be many people up for Netball or Footie the next day.

Due to a low level of energy!!!

But their would be plenty as you say up for a Hair of the dog.

(I meant another excuse for a booze up)

Who's Mandy kidding thinking she would be fit for it.

Only joking Mandy before ye hit me with more of your insults.

Anonymous Guest

Mandy I have one further suggestion and that is for goodness sake lets have it in the summer this time!

March is not a good time of the year with regards to the weather!

Also a lot of people have children and it would probably be wiser to have it sometime in the summer holidays so people with children , who live some distance away, are able to spend more than just a weekend up there

Anonymous Guest

Goodness Jacqueline you are planning some amount of drinking days out for us.

mandyscudder Guest

Come on guys!!!! You're acting and sounding like you're going to be 80 not 40 come our reunion!!!!! Where's your get up and go?!!!

JACQUELINE - just one word for you and that's 'C E N T R E'!!!!!!!! You're going to be there whether you like it or not!! I mean who else is going to understand the code we used to have between us when passing the ball?!!!!! I ask you?!!!!!

We can have the matches in the morning (no need to go to sleep after the reunion, we can just go straight to the court!). That way, we can build up an appetite for lunch, solid or LIQUID!!!!!

ALAN!!! Two words for you OLD BOY and they are 'COWARDY CUSTARD'!!!! Your stomach must be churning at just the thought of coming up against the 'ACE ACADEMIERS'?!!!! Bowing out is just the style of the Northers though so it's nothing new I guess.

TIMING OF REUNION!! Yes, I totally agree with you that it should be held in the summer time. The primary school one would have been too but it was that 'HEGGIE' woman who wanted it in March so honestly, I am not to blame for that one. Hi Trinie!!!

So you lot pick the date then and I'll be there.

Love Mandy

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous Guest

Don't worry Mandy their is plenty UP & Go in me.

I think the lads would beat ye at Netball too.

But don't ask us to wear that beautiful white socks.

Anonymous Guest

Mandy you are not going to let me out of this are you?

I still think a quiz is the better idea as the whole of our high school year can take part in that. It is not just the North School that we beat at netball so it would be unfair if we had a rematch and other schools were not able to participate.Could you cope with a tournament!

If we have a quiz, we could all pay a fee to enter, with the winning team being able to nominate a charity of their choice to donate the proceedings to. what does anyone else think?

mandyscudder Guest

Dearest Jacqueline!!!

EXCUSES, EXCUSES!!!!!! I thought you would have been jumping at the chance to show off those wonderfully 'toned' thighs yet again?!!

It was actually 'our Trinie' that came up with the idea of the netball and football matches and I thought it could be fun!!! Obviously it's just too much 'stress' for 'SOME' so maybe we will have to leave it out!!

We'll see nearer the time as to how many people have left their names and positions!!

The quiz night is obviously the go though and the idea of presenting the winning monies to charity is a good idea. I think Anne mentioned it at the very beginning so good thinking 'girlies'!!!

Love Mandy

xxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous Guest

Well done Jacqueline for coming up with the Quiz Idea.

Oops I see it was a North Schooler that raised the Idea first, well done Butterfly.

Monies going to a deserved charity is a good Idea.

Anonymous Guest

Hey there y'all

The quiz seems to being catching everyone's imagination and I LOVE the idea of making a bit of money for a local charity.

I know we are having a right old laugh with the North/Academy rivalry BUT, the quiz keeps all primary schools involved which, at the end of the day, is what this reunion is all about EVERYBODY from our year being able to take part.

Madam Butterfly xx

mandyscudder Guest

The 'QUIZ' obviously being a dead cert, then we'd better get moving with the 'preparation' of questions!!! I mean, we've only got over 2 years to do it!!!

Has anyone got any ideas as to how we should make up the list of questions? Take a few from the old TRIVIAL PURSUIT game would be a start I guess.

It's going to be difficult to determine as to 'WHO' will be participating in the teams and if it is a case of 'A LOT OF PEOPLE' showing interest, then I guess it will have to be drawn out of a hat. AGREED or NOT AGREED?!!! "That is the question!!" lol

Speak to me soon.

Love Mandy

xxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous Guest

Well I dont know about anyone else but the thought of running around in a pair of navy knickers and a skirt that could pass as a belt,just does not appeal to me or my dimpled thighs!

the chat room on here hosts a quiz night every thursday so maybe we can get some information about how to pose questions from those involved with the running of that.

We will have to get someone that is totally unconnected with us or our year so no one gets an unfair advantage! ie: knowing the person who is compiling the questions!

Has anyone else got any ideas?

mandyscudder Guest

I've got an idea!!!!! You could purchase a pair of those 'SUPPORT TIGHTS' to hide the dimpled thighs??????

Your 'YOU CAN DEPEND ON FRIEND'!!

Love Mandy

xxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous Guest

Mandy:

You could always get Questions & Answers from "Who wants to be a Millionaire" Tv show or the CD game itself.

Anonymous Guest

Mrs Scudder, you do realise that this is the information only site not the slagging off site!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast