Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ripped off by local taxi

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

For goodness sake! give the guy (rangers1873) a break. £6 for a taxi from the camps to kennedy with a stop in macrae st which is onroute, hell I will not be using this taxi!, for anybody who doesn't know the route take a quick look at googlemaps, a quick whirl round the harbour, up the hill then stop for macrae st/ turn left for kennedy.

Also what anybody spends on a night out is irelevant to the cost of a taxi home
    Last edited by Kirdon; 11-Apr-10 at 20:55. Reason: Just remembered the last bit!!

Why wasn't it on the meter? Did you just flag a cab? If so they aren't legal and can charge you whatever they want - off meter...

Quote Originally Posted by Kirdon View Post
    For goodness sake! give the guy (rangers1873) a break. £6 for a taxi from the camps to kennedy with a stop in macrae st which is onroute, hell I will not be using this taxi!, for anybody who doesn't know the route take a quick look at googlemaps, a quick whirl round the harbour, up the hill then stop for macrae st/ turn left for kennedy.

thank you , finally someone with a bit of sence

Im with you as well. As usual folk posting here rip the thread to threads ( will not mention names). Is it really such a big deal to harp on about tarriffs, why didnt you do this that, and all the other crap. sometimes this org gets a bit of a joke if you ask me.

Rangers1873 sounds like your wife and mate was ripped off probably chancing his hand with 2 drunk woman by asking for more!
    What doesn't kill you, will make you stronger.....

It is when you think about it some people are quite happy spending a lot of money on drink to get drunk and think thats money well spent ok but then moan about a price of a taxi which takes you home safely its the same as saying someone that smokes is quite happy to buy 2 packet of fags for £12 that harms your health and is happy paying that but grudges buying something else for £12 doesnt make sense
    So if there is no meter in the taxi why didnt they ask the taxi driver how much it would cost to take them home so then they would have a choice then to walk it or accept it or were they to boozy and dont even know what taxi firm took them home?
    Say if that guy charged £6 for that fair say it took him 15 mins from start to finish to complete that run in hour he could make £24 maybey £30 with tips its not a lot really when u take into consideration wages fuel mantenence of car the quite times were is sitting about and not working.
    I mind few years back when i was in london on holiday we got a taxi from the city centre in london to gatwick that cost me £80 i didnt want to pay him but i knew i had to but thats just the price you pay if you dont want to go by bus or train .
    If it cost £6 which rangers hasnt said yet the actual cost its not that dear because your paying for the luxury of having someone drive you to your door rather than walking home in the cold were it might rain or you havent the energy to walk home
    Last edited by EDDIE; 11-Apr-10 at 23:12.

Default Taxi

I knew who you were speaking about before I clicked on the thread. We had problems with that taxi driver to. He charged nearly 3 times the price of a normal taxi in Wick out to the country at the same times on a Saturday night. We won't be using that one again.

Quote Originally Posted by rangers1873 View Post
    last saturday night my wife and her friend got that purple coloured old style mondeo taxi from the camps bar stopping at macrae st then up to kennedy terrace, my wife's friend had already given him £4 and when he dropped my wife of she asked did she owe anything else and he said he would need a few quid more. i think this is a discrace and i am in 2 minds about reporting them to the council, anybody eles have bad expiereneces with the local taxi's
    Just to get back to the original post here, did she break down the cost of the rest of her night out too? As others have said before me, a few quid is small price to pay to get home safely. The fact that she was probably charged extortionate amounts in hostelries in the town prior to this wouldn't have raised an plucked eyebrow. The taxi driver WAS probably out of order but lets face it, would ferrying loud, drunken revellers and their curries home at all hours of the morning every weekend be your ideal occupation? It sure as hell wouldn't be mine, so I think that the guy deserved a wee sweetener on the fare. At least he was working for his living which is more than can be said for many of his regular customers. Oh and before anyone thinks I've got a commercial interest in any of this I can honestly declare that I don't and I haven't a clue who any of those involved are.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12