Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mowats/Westerdale/ Halkirk

Default John Sinclair

Hi David thanks for that , I will PM you when I get a date. Regards Flora

Default Donald Ross.

Quote Originally Posted by flora View Post
    Hello to everyone,I have a Donaldina/Dolina Mowat married to Donald Ross 1881 at westerdale her occupation says farmers Daughter does anyone know where the Mowats where farming her Father was William and Mother Janet Tait, Donald was a journeyman shoemaker. I would be very grateful for any information ,I think Donald came from Wick Regards Flora
    Hi Flora,
    My name is Carole Birnie I live in Kemnay Aberdeenshire, Donald and Dolina were my great grandparents. My grangfathers name was Roderick Ross, and my mothers name is Rhoda, who lives in Fraserburgh. I would be grateful for any information that you might have
    regards Carole

Hi Carole, Nice to hear from another family member, Roderick and Donaldina where my Husbands G Grandparents, just yesterday I tried to do a bit more searching for them, I found their tomb stone at Wick on www.gravestonephotos.com .( Donald, Donaldina, Margaret Bain Ross and cpl John ). There are other Ross's there but havn't tied them in yet i,e Roderick James died 1914 age 44 brother of Alexander John Died age 7, John Frederick, brother of Alexander J, Mary Ann died 1911age 70 Aunt of Alexander J and John Ross Father of Alexander J, so it's definately a work in progress. If You want to P.M me I'll let you have what I 'v got so far. Regards Flora. P.S Cpl John Ross was killed in action at Broobseine Ypres.
    Last edited by flora; 11-Mar-11 at 09:10.

Default Hi Flora

Quote Originally Posted by flora View Post
    Hi Carole, Nice to hear from another family member, Roderick and Donaldina where my Husbands G Grandparents, just yesterday I tried to do a bit more searching for them, I found their tomb stone at Wick on www.gravestonephotos.com .( Donald, Donaldina, Margaret Bain Ross and cpl John ). There are other Ross's there but havn't tied them in yet i,e Roderick James died 1914 age 44 brother of Alexander John Died age 7, John Frederick, brother of Alexander J, Mary Ann died 1911age 70 Aunt of Alexander J and John Ross Father of Alexander J, so it's definately a work in progress. If You want to P.M me I'll let you have what I 'v got so far. Regards Flora. P.S Cpl John Ross was killed in action at Broobseine Ypres.
    Many thanks for that I am not sure how the pm works but will have a try

regards carole

Wink Mowats/westerdale/halkirk

Quote Originally Posted by kemnay View Post
    Many thanks for that I am not sure how the pm works but will have a try

regards carole
    Hi Carole , sorry, but only I'm allowed not to know, how the system works, apparantly you just click on my name, any way I'll send you one, regards Flora

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123