Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who were the first live band you went to see

Default Who were the first live band you went to see

I'll start the ball Rolling with Eddie and the Hotrods.

The very first was the Ronettes, I think it was in 1962 in the Caird Hall Dundee.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

small fishing village outside wick called pulteney

Default jimmy shand

funny enough mine was jimmy shand in the mackays hotel bloody marvelous he was,, my he could get the fiddle going and yer feet tappin, a grand mannie,

then i moved on to british standard now they were world class, and blu whin were flipping great to,
    if it wasnt for pubs it would be tescos for us all

Iv only ever been to see 1 band live, it was in 2007 and i went to see the Levellers Best time ever!

Was meant to be going to see Muse this year but cana cos baby will still be little Another time tho!! I will see them eventually!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Slaughter and the Dogs at the Factory in Hulme. If you wanted Punk, thats where you had to be

Quote Originally Posted by ducati View Post
    Slaughter and the Dogs at the Factory in Hulme. If you wanted Punk, thats where you had to be

Seen them in Barrow. Were they cranked up really high?

Quote Originally Posted by riggerboy View Post
    funny enough mine was jimmy shand in the mackays hotel bloody marvelous he was,, my he could get the fiddle going and yer feet tappin, a grand mannie,
    Do you realise just how lucky and priviledged you were. Jimmy Shand Very Rarely played the fiddle. He was a good Fiddle player but he much preferred his Accordion. He went so far to have a special Accordion made for him in Trossingen, Germany by Hohner. The accordion was based on the popular Morino model, but had a diatonic, button arrangement on the treble (similar to a melodeon - tuned B/C/C# ) coupled with a standard, non-diatonic stradella bass system. This instrument is considered by many as the best accordion for Scottish country dance music.

Here is a Very Rare Picture of Jimmy playing his Fiddle. :-

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Depeche Mode...Master & Servant tour in Aberdeen 1984

Bloody good too

Sensational Alex Harvey Band at Glasgow Apollo in May 1974. I was 13 and had to run away from home to go to it. Came back 2 days later, and had my arse skelped for my trouble. It was worth it though, and I'm still a huge fan.

small fishing village outside wick called pulteney

Default had tea

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    Do you realise just how lucky and priviledged you were. Jimmy Shand Very Rarely played the fiddle. He was a good Fiddle player but he much preferred his Accordion. He went so far to have a special Accordion made for him in Trossingen, Germany by Hohner. The accordion was based on the popular Morino model, but had a diatonic, button arrangement on the treble (similar to a melodeon - tuned B/C/C# ) coupled with a standard, non-diatonic stradella bass system. This instrument is considered by many as the best accordion for Scottish country dance music.

Here is a Very Rare Picture of Jimmy playing his Fiddle. :-

yes i know just how priviledged i was, i also had tea with the great man
    if it wasnt for pubs it would be tescos for us all

Beach Boys at Liverpool Empire in about 1967. They were on one of the package shows with about 4 other bands, The only other one I can remmber was Paul Revere & the Raiders.

I remember the programmes from those type of gigs. It was about 16 pages and each band got photo on one side of page and a Bio. on facing page.
    Michael Stone is innocent.
    Convicted without any forensic evidence and failed to be picked at any ID parade
    So who did kill Lin & Megan Russell
    http://www.michaelstone.co.uk/

bon jovi the day i got the keys to our first house, 18 years ago in glasgow

Runrig way back in the 1980s.

14. Default

The Who and the Sensational Alex Harvey Band at Parkhead.1975

Hmmm...Roxette

Yeah OK you can pick yourselves up off the floor now...

Quote Originally Posted by DeHaviLand View Post
    Sensational Alex Harvey Band at Glasgow Apollo in May 1974. I was 13 and had to run away from home to go to it. Came back 2 days later, and had my arse skelped for my trouble. It was worth it though, and I'm still a huge fan.
    Seen SAHB twice, once with Alex at Reading in 1977 and once without him in barrow a couple of years ago. Guess who was the best.

Loved Roxette, saw them in Sheffield.

You are not alone

Worst Gig anyone? Gary Glitter at G-mex in Mancherstrerefordshire

Best Gig, Pink Floyd at Main Road Flying Pig, Awesome
    Last edited by ducati; 11-Apr-10 at 09:13. Reason: oops

Johnny Fats and the Federals for a dance in the B.B. (?) Hall behind Woolies Thurso circa 1960.

Quote Originally Posted by Errogie View Post
    Johnny Fats and the Federals for a dance in the B.B. (?) Hall behind Woolies Thurso circa 1960.
    1963!! I remember it well.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast