Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Hoover

Default Hoover

Looking for a new hoover that can cope with 3 kids, 1dog and 1cat and the mess they create!
    The hoover I have killed today was a electrolux vittesse pet lover. It was ok but I went through a few belts on it during its short life I have really killed it this time though
    I am looking for a new upright hoover which is bagless and will live longer than my old one which lasted a month over its warrenty period!

I have a henry i find it a great hoover. I know it is not upright or bagless but picks up well especially dog hair.

Default hoover

I have a bagless upright vax hoover. The suction is terrific, almost lifts the carpet. Can't remember model but can check if you are interested.

Default hoover

Dyson upright they are the best money well spent.

I had a cylinder type dyson before and mum has an upright and I was not overly impressed with either on dog hairs.

Dyson upright if you have mainly carpets
    Dyson Animal (cylinder) if you have mainly hard (wooden) flooring

Vinyl in kitchen/familyroom (big area) wood laminate in back place and bathroom and carpet everywhere else.... dont like cylinder type hoovers as there is 2 lots of 3 steps I keep forgetting about until crash oops there goes the hoover again

Saw a nice all singing dancing vax mach 7 any reports on how good they are?

Ive got a vax pets performance 2400 suction and its terrible, would defintiely not recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadie View Post
    Saw a nice all singing dancing vax mach 7 any reports on how good they are?
    I will pm you in 2minutes the vax i have bought,i cant post pictures of valeting or ill get accused of 'advertising'
    Last edited by upolian; 08-Apr-10 at 23:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
    I have a henry i find it a great hoover. I know it is not upright or bagless but picks up well especially dog hair.
    I have a henry too! He doesnt care what you feed him because he eats anything! Brilliant for cat hair. Also brilliant on the laminate flooring. Hasnt damaged it at all.

Not forgetting there is no filter to go through so dont worry about clogging when hoovering up something that the kids have spilt like cereal!

I love henry! Lol
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Another Henry fan here!

It is the best Hoover we have tried and have tried a fair few including Dyson.

Henry never loses suction and is great at sucking up pet hair. Also suitable for people with asthma and allergies.
    Great on all floor types.

Its the surprise sock (where did that come from) when hoovering that kills mine!

Ive got a dyson precision and its the best hoovber ive ever had and ive had quite a few!!! With 3 messy kids its the best1
    What doesn't kill you, will make you stronger.....

I have a Dyson upright, but I would'nt say that they are as good as they are made out to be TBH.
    Live the dream, don't dream the life

Get yourself a Vax Essentials Pet(79.99) from Argos,better than a Dyson and a damn sight cheaper too.We have 3 cats and a dog and it copes very well.Our previous Vax lasted almost 10 years so they must be good.Mik.
    Don`t bother "repping" me it`s turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadie View Post
    Its the surprise sock (where did that come from) when hoovering that kills mine!
    Henry will eat that too! Trust me...my OH still wont live it down

I was hoovering, i asked my OH to make sure everything was picked up before i started....HE left the sock on the floor. Henry ate it...no problem to him! Sock is long gone
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Thinking about buying the little cylinder hoover in lidls on thursday as a spare/upstairs hoover as the house soon starts to look bad without a quick run round with a hoover!

Tried a Dyson upright and it was total pants. Then a Panasonic upright bagless which was a bit better. Then a Hoover cylinder bagless which was a bit better again. However, it continually clogged up the filters and I was forever having to soak and pick out the filters. I bit the bullet and bought a Henry which is excellent. I have carpets and lino and it is exceptional on both. I rarely have to change the bag whereas I was forever faffing and cleaning filters and hauling lumps of fluff out of my other ones.

Buy it from Homebase on special offer and then take out the 3 year replacement cover. That way if it dies before then you are laughing and with three sprogs, it probably will die.