Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Should the Pope be in the dock????

Quote Originally Posted by 3of8 View Post

There's nothing worse than an apologist and you reek of it.
    I think that if you read my posts correctly you will find that I am not an apologist.

All I am stating is that it is not just the clergy, irrespective of denomination,
    who are paedophiles.

I think your posts "reek" of religious bigotry, but that is only my opinion
    Michael Stone is innocent.
    Convicted without any forensic evidence and failed to be picked at any ID parade
    So who did kill Lin & Megan Russell
    http://www.michaelstone.co.uk/

Looking at the history of the Catholic Church I think that the child abuse thing is only the tip of the Iceberg. Consider the role of the Church during WW11 in relation to helping Nazi killers to escape. I am not anti Catholic.

Quote Originally Posted by Anfield View Post
    I think that if you read my posts correctly you will find that I am not an apologist.

All I am stating is that it is not just the clergy, irrespective of denomination,
    who are paedophiles.

I think your posts "reek" of religious bigotry, but that is only my opinion
    Your first post consisted of 24 original words by you, unless you copied and pasted them, and a quote copied and pasted from a website (A Perspective on Clergy Sexual Abuse By Thomas Plante).

In that very first post of yours, the only opinion that you expressed is nothing, only that there is less chance of being abused by male clergy than by other males.

Have you not got any children? If you have, does it make you feel better knowing that if they'd been abused by a perverted priest they'd have been in the special 4% you quoted and not the common 8%?

In your subsequent posts, and I did read them, you have not once condemned Catholic priests. Just apologised for them by grouping them with all other men. By suggesting that really they not as harmful as all other men. Is it really that hard to type these words: "They should be prosecuted and the Catholic Church held to rights" instead of trying to justify them?

As for me being a bigot, so what? Anyone who denies being a bigot, in any way at all, is a liar. I'm bigoted against perverted Catholic priests, indeed any pervert who takes a delight in abusing children. I'm that bigoted I'd kill the little tossers myself given half a chance.
    "Negotiation is irrelevant. You will be assimilated." The Borg Collective

I do not tolerate bigots.
    Convicted without any forensic evidence and failed to be picked at any ID parade

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, Hate leads to ...suffffferrrinnnggg...

(may not be accurate quote)

Is it a strange coincidence why these priests have done this or is there an actual reason why so many of them do it?
    Renovating and Plumbing work
    Good rates
    07921 193353

But you tolerate paedophiles
    'Cause if my eyes don't deceive me,
    There's something going wrong around here

You're quite happy to put up with perverts and paedo's though? Sad

Quote Originally Posted by mrlennie View Post
    Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, Hate leads to ...suffffferrrinnnggg...

(may not be accurate quote)

Is it a strange coincidence why these priests have done this or is there an actual reason why so many of them do it?
    because they can and at some level realise that they can hide behind their religion whilst doing it. How many now adults grew up thinking they brought shame on themselves when in actual fact that shame belongs to the church ?

Corruption and greed run the catholic church, corruption and greed will be its downfall.....

K

Yes but why has this happened in so many churches is it somethin to do with celebasy do you think or am i getting the religions mixed up?
    Renovating and Plumbing work
    Good rates
    07921 193353

I haven't seen Anfield say anything to that effect.

As I understood it he was saying all institutions where there is abuse of children should be investigated not just the Roman Catholic church. There is a history of abuse in other religions too, in children's homes, in public schools, in a lot of institutions.

We can't just push all the blame onto the Catholics and ignore all the other abuse as we have turned a blind eye to the Hollie Greig affair.

child molesters take on and hide behind many guises they all should be found and prosecuted and any person found to have shielded them should also face the full force of the law. there is no cure for them they should be locked away for the rest of their lives. religion plays no part in their perversions,it is only one place for them to hide. if the pope has knowingly covered up for them then he is as guilty as they are. the same way if any moderator of the church of Scotland has covered up for any minister, or indeed any leader of any church or organisation.

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post

As I understood it he was saying all institutions where there is abuse of children should be investigated not just the Roman Catholic church. There is a history of abuse in other religions too, in children's homes, in public schools, in a lot of institutions.

We can't just push all the blame onto the Catholics and ignore all the other abuse as we have turned a blind eye to the Hollie Greig affair.

Good point Fred, the point I was making was about the pontiff himself, possibly the most well kent face in the world & he lets down so many people just save face for someone who has wronged so many young children- which I feel is wrong, very very wrong. He knew , yet did nothing to help those innocent kids, to me that is punishable & there is NO excuse for it- why does he & the Priest seem to be exempt from punishment ? WHY??

As far as I can see, Anfield has sod all relevant to the pope seeing as how the OP was discussing the pope and not Catholics in general.

When did Hollie's dad become an institution then?

What about you fred? Will you denounce the Catholic priests or are you quite happy to allow them to hide under their cassocks, protected by the cloak of the almighty Catholic church and their sorrowful head honcho?

the pope as head of state is not exempt from prosecution, no-one is above the law. there has been prosecutions of clergy of various denominations for this crime. there should be a fully independent investigation into all covers up in all institutions and prosecutions of all deemed to have committed any offence. Those that cover up these offences are as guilty as the scum that perpetrate them,there should be no hiding place.

as we have turned a blind eye to the Hollie Greig affair.
    I, along with quite a few others, are eagerly awaiting conclusive proof of any wrong-doing in the so called 'Hollie Greig' case.

Where's your proof, fred? Where?

Just end your witch-hunt here and now. It's making you look stupid.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Quote Originally Posted by Amy-Winehouse View Post
    Eh? you talk sense sometimes but on this occasion not. Im anti Celtic but not anti catholic Golach, My best friend is a catholic so think again old boy.
    As you say Im stirring it, why ? Am i not allowed to have an opinion on the subject because I support Rangers ? Thats a rather blinkered view on your part. Theres a big bad world out there & as a parent I think our kids need protected from the likes of these beasts who prey on young children- dont you ?
    Catholic church or Free Presbyterian, i dont care- a beast is a beast & I think they should be punished for their crimes -not covered up.
    Many Thanks for the Bad Rep, I could not agree with you more, there are
    child molesters every where, HM Queen Elizabeth is head of the Kirk of England are you going to condem her for every Anglican priest and paedophile? I do not think so! And yes to your question......will I sleep all right?? I will sleep the sleep of an innocent, as I always do.
    Last edited by golach; 08-Apr-10 at 01:06.
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Quote Originally Posted by scotsboy View Post
    Of course not,

See post 24

Quote Originally Posted by scotsboy View Post
    I don't tolerate paedophiles, but I think that I would sooner have a paedophile living in my area than some the religious bigots we have on the org.

Quote Originally Posted by domino View Post
    Looking at the history of the Catholic Church I think that the child abuse thing is only the tip of the Iceberg. Consider the role of the Church during WW11 in relation to helping Nazi killers to escape. I am not anti Catholic.
    As we are now doing a history lesson, let us go back to King Henry v111, it was the catholics fault why his wives all died for th church not allowing him to divorce them

Onto WW2 I would say that Winston Churchill was a bigger War criminal than Pope Pious.
    Churchill knew about death camps in 1941, and could have bombed both camps and railways leading to them, thus saving thousands of peoples lives.

Our own "Royal" family was also very quiet on denouncing Hitler

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast