Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Lionel Messi

Default Lionel Messi

I saw him destroy Arsenal last night almost single handed but I watch him most weeks on La liga & he destroys most of the Spanish league as well

Just how good a player do you think he is ? Is he up there with Pele Maradona & Zidane or does he have a bit to go ? I think hes up there myself
    Cmey e Scorries

There's no doubt he's as good as there is just now, but he's not done enough yet to be compared to either Zidane, Maradona or Pele. He's got plenty of time to change that though.

Listening to the gushing praise offered by the English media just now is pretty galling. It's as if they didn't believe how good he really was until he did it against one of their precious teams. Do they only pay attention to the EPL or what?
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

He is definately up there but at 22 he has plenty to offer and will hopefully only get better.

Just need Manure to go out 2nite and none of the precious premiership in last 4, gr8! maybe not as gd as they think.

Quote Originally Posted by maidencaithness View Post
    Just need Manure to go out 2nite and none of the precious premiership in last 4, gr8! maybe not as gd as they think.
    When United went 2-0 up I didnt expect to see that at full time!!! I was listening to another important game being played in Scotland & could not believe my ears that United had been removed from the champions league by a German side...the Audacity of Bayern to do this especially at old Trafford(you know , the Theatre of dreams an all that)

I almost wet myself as Andy Townsend said we(Hes Irish) dont have any teams in the semis- he was of course meaning the EPL. hahahaha

La Liga= beat league in the world
    Bundesliga= most exciting league in the world
    Serie A= Jose Mourinhiko
    French league= Lyon-dark horses

Its getting exciting now

Default Bye Bye fergie

I know old red nose is not the best loser in the world, but last night he surpassed himself in stating that Man Utd deserved to go through.
    I think that when they scored the 3rd goal, was the last time they touched the ball.
    I am hoping for a Barcelona - Bayern final
    Michael Stone is innocent.
    Convicted without any forensic evidence and failed to be picked at any ID parade
    So who did kill Lin & Megan Russell
    http://www.michaelstone.co.uk/

Cmey e Scorries

Default The Germans bombed our chippie

Comedian Stan Boardman is suing Alex Ferguson for pinching his act
    Michael Stone is innocent.
    Convicted without any forensic evidence and failed to be picked at any ID parade
    So who did kill Lin & Megan Russell
    http://www.michaelstone.co.uk/