Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: WikiLeaks

Quote Originally Posted by John Little View Post
    "War will NEVER solve anything on this planet." Actually OCK although I can agree with most of your post this ain't so.

War finished the Nazis; it finished Napoleon, gained Scotland independence from Edward ll etc.
    It still didnt solve anything because we are still fighting wars in the name of "freedom" today. Wars do not gain freedom from anything, they just change the rules under who "wins".

We all have to inhabit this planet, decades if not centuries of wars bringing nothing but more wars should perhaps enlighten the human race to the futility of war.

We are equal to one another as human beings, we are NOT better than one another. We all need to be loved, to eat, to breathe.

Everything else that seeks to separate us is ego driven and will cause suffering. The human race is akin to a group of toddlers fighting over the most expensive prize toy. Unfortunately the human race will kill each other for that said prize toy.

Money=greed=war=destruction=suffering

K

I do not disagree with you. I think we are at odds over words. Perhaps it would be wiser if I said that war solved particular problems. After all a great deal of bad would undoubtedly have followed a victory for the Third Reich in WW2.

But war does not solve the problem of war.
    Unfortunately they still happen though.
    Maybe they do not 'solve' problems - but they certainly change outcomes one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by John Little View Post
    I do assure you that you would find the present set preferable to the ones who were defeated in 1945.

They did not allow dissent Fred - and you would be on their list.
    They didn't allow dissent eh?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/4291388.stm

LOL! Only you Fred would compare that with something like this;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Rose
    Last edited by John Little; 08-Apr-10 at 15:51.

More information about this incident has come to light, an interview with a journalist who was at the scene next day and eye witness testimony from those who were on the ground at the time and saw what happened.

http://www.democracynow.org/2010/4/8...deadly_2007_us

Yet more developments.

A US soldier describing the dehumanisation process in basic training which turns decent human beings into killers.

mms://217.218.67.244/presstv/2010041...WASHINGTON.wmv

Two US soldiers, one of them at the scene and another who served in the area have written an open letter of reconciliation to the people of Iraq and are inviting other soldiers to sign it.

http://org2.democracyinaction.org/o/...ction_KEY=2724

Yet more developments !!

*Yawn*

Anyone else spot the contradiction in Freds links ??, namely if these soldiers are just "de-humanised killers" where does the compasssion to write a letter of reconcillation come from ??

Last edited by The Drunken Duck; 19-Apr-10 at 09:52.

Interview with McCord at Wired

snip:

McCord: I’ve spoken with one of the medics who was there. He’s no longer in the Army. When this video first came out, there was a lot of outrage by the soldiers, just because it depicted us as being callous, cruel, heartless people, and we’re not that way. The majority of us aren’t. And so he was pretty upset about the whole thing…. He kept saying, we were there, we know the truth, they’re saying there was no weapons, there was.

I’ve spoken with other soldiers who were there. Some of them [say] I don’t care what anybody says … they’re not there. … There’s also some soldiers who joke about it [as a] coping mechanism. They’re like, oh yeah, we’re the “collateral murder” company. I don’t think that [the] big picture is whether or not [the Iraqis who were killed] had weapons. I think that the bigger picture is what are we doing there? We’ve been there for so long now and it seems like nothing is being accomplished whatsoever, except for we’re making more people hate us.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234