Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We Were Drugged By Our Parents

Quote Originally Posted by Gleber2
    Ah what a lucky chiel ye are, old Godfather Golach!!!
    I have just doubled my bet
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Now just which Bigot was it who tried to convince his Faithful Followers that "Religion is the Opiate of the Masses!" in order the better to have control over them.

Wasn't the same person, and is successor for a time, preserved and displayed so the "Faithful" could worship at the Shrines?

Roll up! Roll up! Worship at the Shrine of the Gods of a discredited Belief System.
    It's a little more difficult to find the graves of the millions of Marters who died so that it might be kept alive longer.

Strange how the very people who try to destroy Religion simply try to replace it with Belief System of their own invention, usually with them at the centre.
    Animals I like, people I tolerate.

P.S. that last post is very "Tongue in Cheek" so don't anybody take it too seriously.

But if anybody does, my sleeves are rolled up and I'm ready to fight! That's if you can run fast enough to catch up with me.

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

Quote Originally Posted by JAWS
    P.S. that last post is very "Tongue in Cheek" so don't anybody take it too seriously.

But if anybody does, my sleeves are rolled up and I'm ready to fight! That's if you can run fast enough to catch up with me.
    If I could figure out your cut and thrust, I would parry and riposte but I must be getting too old for conflict. Lurking is much safer!!

Default Honest mistake

That last post was mine!!!!! Once more my son's increasing addiction to the Org has him logged in more often than I.
    In the image of God? You must be joking!

I hold strong Religious Beliefs. My firm belief is, "He that screams and runs away, lives to flee another day!"

I am confirmed in my belief that Cowards survive longer than Heros!

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

Quote Originally Posted by JAWS
    I hold strong Religious Beliefs. My firm belief is, "He that screams and runs away, lives to flee another day!"

I am confirmed in my belief that Cowards survive longer than Heros!
    here boy have ye lost the plot or the thread, as it where

Default Those who would induct us

I too was drug to church but was fortunate in having a good education and to be around in the 60s when I learnt to question every thing.
    As a result of both I no longer accept the mantras that were imposed on me but use my own intellect to judge for myself.
    I have learnt that life is what you make of it, that people are the most complex,that nature has alot to teach us all,that we should not be judge and jury unless we possess the facts,that this is a wonderful world and we should respect it and each other whether we agree or not.
    Most of all we should pass to the next generations a place that is safe, where we cherish the bio-diversity of this fantastic planet and we do our best to protect it from the ills that humanity would inflict on it.

The three "Gs" are squabbling again. I neither agree of disagree with any of you. When we were all 'druged' up by our parents, it was done in what they thought was for our best interest. It may have been right, it may have been wrong. Does it matter?? They taught us right from wrong, good from evil, we grew up, got an education, were taught to think things out for ourselves, come to our own conclusions, form our own opinions, which is how it should be.

In forming these opinions we will always vary from our neighbour. Why? because we were all brought up with the same basic values, but each had a different interpretation installed into them by their parents, and our own various levels of education, as well as the subjects we studied all have effect on how we see others or view the world.

It is marvelous that we can all see the same thing, and have a different view point. What a dull and boring place this world would be if we all came to the same conclusions, had the same points of view, and just agreed with everybody else. There would be no fun, no arguments, no debate. How boring !!
    Live the Dream, don't dream the life

I'm not sqabbling with anyone. I had a dig at cousin Golach, but that is what he exists for, isn't it?
    Our purpose is to learn from our parents. From what they told us and what they hid from us, from the good bits and the bad, from what they got right and what they got wrong. Maybe then we can teach our own bairns better.
    In the image of God? You must be joking!

Quote Originally Posted by Gleber2
    I'm not sqabbling with anyone. I had a dig at cousin Golach, but that is what he exists for, isn't it?
    Our purpose is to learn from our parents. From what they told us and what they hid from us, from the good bits and the bad, from what they got right and what they got wrong. Maybe then we can teach our own bairns better.
    I'm not squabbling either, just stating to my owld mate Gleeber that I dont hold the same views as he does, thats not squabbling, thats is discussion, and if Gleber2 can score a couple of points off me from time to time, thats fair enough, it stops him from lurking out in the cowld
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Over the pond, but not quite over the hill yet

Quote Originally Posted by LIZZ
    I too was drug to church but was fortunate in having a good education and to be around in the 60s when I learnt to question every thing.
    As a result of both I no longer accept the mantras that were imposed on me but use my own intellect to judge for myself.
    I have learnt that life is what you make of it, that people are the most complex,that nature has alot to teach us all,that we should not be judge and jury unless we possess the facts,that this is a wonderful world and we should respect it and each other whether we agree or not.
    Most of all we should pass to the next generations a place that is safe, where we cherish the bio-diversity of this fantastic planet and we do our best to protect it from the ills that humanity would inflict on it.
    Well said, Lizz! That pretty much sums things up for me also.
    Last edited by Sporran; 29-May-06 at 18:23.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12