Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: where have they all gone?

Smile

Our numbers seem to be increasing again. The chaffinches are back, as well as our little wren. I think there are more greenfinches than there were last week, and I saw a blue tit yesterday.

Suddenly this week the chaffinches are back along with a pair of siskins and some goldfinches but still no robin or thrush,

Siskins for the first time in two years this week. 2 females and a male, so hopefully nesting nearby.

Loads of Wrens, they love our thick hedges.

A mouse that we can watch in the late evening running up and down the apple tree out to the nut feeder and back.

I have a pair of siskins in my garden for the first time in a very long time and also four goldfinch which is wonderful.

I bought nyjer seed and feeders for them a few years ago but gave up and gave them away eventually, as there was no sign of goldfinch, so have now had to restock!

There are far more finches coming to my garden to be fed than usual ie chaffinch,greenfinch and goldfinch.

Glad to say my favourite wee sparrows are back as well along with the starling hooligans!

Also getting crows and ravens who are a flipping pest as they ramraid the feeders!!!!

Ducati I love the photo of the wee mouse!

Another one in the snow. " if I can just get this down the hole, we'll eat like kings"
    Last edited by ducati; 09-May-10 at 08:06.

AAAWWWWW Cute!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12