Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Osprey!

Default Osprey!

Saw an Osprey yesterday!
    It had a largish trout in its talons saw it in flight then saw it sitting on a post sorting out its catch before flying off again.
    Am I allowed to say where or does the location of these magnificent birds have to be kept quiet?

Hi Dadie

Best not to reveal the site on this open forum which could be accessed by egg collectors and the like.

Your site may already be well known but it may be a new site and it is best not to take any risks.

Regards

Pterodroma

Agreed with that - sires are normally top secret

Nice spot tho dadie...im well jelous
    dafsorkneybirding.blogspot.com

I just wished I had a camera with me!
    Especially one that would zoom in on it!

Default be careful what you wish for

I spent 3 months trying to get a really good shot of an Osprey last year that was hunting every day on a local Loch with a fancy zoom in and out lens - I've got hundreds of 'almost' shots - the Osprey just doesn't read the right photography books.

Slightly on a tangent but related.
    Does any one know what happenened to the two Osprey nests down the A9 between Golspie and Cromarty Firth?
    In one of the two some trees have been felled but difficult to say for sure if it was the one that had the nest.