Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: what's your favourite album cover

Default Another Cover

Here's the original cover for Frank Zappa's "Sgt Pepper" parody - We're Only In It For The Money. This was Zappa's response to the Beatles claim that Sgt Pepper was the first concept album when he had already released two.

And this is the original cover for Guns N' Roses - Appetite For Destruction. This one got Tipper Gore and the Parents Music Resource Centre nervous in the 80's and was withdrawn. My copy of the LP has this cover. Wonder if it's worth anything .......

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

Quote Originally Posted by Suspects
    This was Zappa's response to the Beatles claim that Sgt Pepper was the first concept album when he had already released two.
    lmao, he was right as well

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    I have both and one or two more, like them all
    Nice to see you like all the others even if Sworded tales is not to your taste.
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chobbersjnr View Post
    lmao, he was right as well
    The title was also to inform that The Beatles, at the time of making SPLHB, were only in it for the money. Which they were.

Quote Originally Posted by Deemac View Post
    Can't recall any other local bands trying this format (No guitars ETC), though "Home and Beyond" got close in their later days . . . . . (Pre-Frame).
    Home and Away - wasn't that Craig Mackay (Tom Cruise lookalike now a bobby doon the line?). How about You, me and a drum machine?
    In mitigation Mr Bruce de Wert said his client had been drinking and could remember little of the incident.

Aye cullbucket, both Home & Beyond (not Away - purlease!) and You, Me & a Drum Machine's line up included Craig Mackay, and both were electronic - well the former in it's last guise anyway.

H&B suffered the untimely death of Raymond Reid (guitar) and, after a short break, Craig drafted in some prat (before anyone else gets in there!) by the name of Robin Clarke on a 2nd set of keyboards to fill the void. Although very few gigs were played with this lineup (drummer Duncan McLachlan & lead singer Stuart 'I'll set up the mic & that's me done ' McGregor being the other members), the first one at the Weigh Inn was a very emotionally charged night.

Craig & Stuart both left for 'e sooth but, on the odd occasion they were back in the vicinity, played as electronic duo You, Me & a Drum Machine.

On two occasions Stuart & Robin played in Stevie's Bar (where Elizabeth's is now - next to Skinandis) under the name 'Call Us What You Like', but the less said about that the better!

A while later, with Stuart back sooth, Frame materialised with Duncan & Robin being joined by lead vocalist/backing keyboardist Jamie Robson and played around the county for a few years before Robin packed in all that malarkey!

BTW at around the same time Duncan was also involved with a stompin' outfit by the name of Roadworks...

Robin Clarke - is that Matt Clarke's (Mattie Pie, Spews, Mooncat) cousin?
    In mitigation Mr Bruce de Wert said his client had been drinking and could remember little of the incident.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345