Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: weigh inn

Default weigh inn

dont bother unless you like hair in your lasange and bones in your so called fillet of sole all together s***e wont be goin there again manager no where to be seen staff didnt apologise just asked what colour the hair was then charged £9 for bit o fish wi bones eat here at your own risk

YUk Yuk YUK !!!!

What difference does the colour of hair make!!!!!

I wouldnt go back their either. Menu is less than desireable. staff didnt know that its free to smile. Walked out before i ordered!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Default weigh inn

I was at the weigh inn last night and had the lasagne too. There were no hairs in my lasagne. The weigh inn is one of my most favourite places to eat locally. The young waitresses are not the most talkative but I do find them polite. John (barman) is always friendly and good crack. Not sure what the other guys name is (could be Jorge) He is extremely polite, friendly and helpful. Obviously everyone has different tastes, opinions etc but that is mine for what it's worth.

I find the food in the weigh inn very tasty, Neil and his kitchen staff are excellent. Can't fault them myself. The young waitresses may not be talkative but are polite.
    Thought this was a recommendation section????

OOOoops each to their own hey.

I have never been to this place.
    Live the dream, don't dream the life

Quote Originally Posted by 22esra View Post
    dont bother unless you like hair in your lasange and bones in your so called fillet of sole all together s***e wont be goin there again manager no where to be seen staff didnt apologise just asked what colour the hair was then charged £9 for bit o fish wi bones eat here at your own risk
    Thought this was for 'recommendations' not slating's you could easily be some opposition just putting the boot in, moderators should put a stop to annonomous slaggers.
    Captain Smee

Recommending people to avoid the place......they had a bad experience and i for 1 am glad they are sharing

Default Weigh Inn

Went there over the weekend and the service was horrendous, actually the whole experience wasnt the best. Some of the food ordered was ok but the other meals were pretty bad! Had not been there for food for a while and will def not be going back again!!

And before anyone asks yes we did complain at the time but we got no-where.

We had a meal there on Sunday night and I have to say that the food was excellent. Could not fault the service either. It was also very busy so they must be doing something right.

Default Weigh inn

was in the weigh inn today for lunch, found the staff very well mannered and polite, the food was excellent and well priced, great place to go for your lunch, still looking for hairs and bad mannered staff ? dont think anyone will find any of the two in the WEIGH INN , well done to all the staff keep up the great work.

Default thurso hotels

Thurso hotels did dish up some of the worst food in the uk,things are finally improving a lot with the weigh-inn being one of the better ones by far.The Central Hotel was producing garbage passing off some sort of spicy soup as a curry!but their regulars did not seem know any better.Needless to say have not been again.

Quote Originally Posted by upolian View Post
    Recommending people to avoid the place......they had a bad experience and i for 1 am glad they are sharing
    The thing is, how do you know they had a bad experience? They could be someone who works for another restaraunt and are looking for ways to spoil the good rep off the Weigh Inn.

I could work for a new car cleaning firm and come on here spoutin off bout some young chill in watten called Roy who made a crap job cleaning my car, scratched the bonnet and left his sisters knickers in the back seat. It may not be true vbut I bet it would dent your reputation especially in such a small community.

That's why this is the reccomendations forum not the "I had crap service yada yada yada......"

i myself working in the catering trade find some folk are hard to please than others i find women being the worse to please. i am a chef and when doing my catering course at thurso college i had a part time job in the weigh inn it was always busy the chef at the time was french arbel think his name was good chef can't be the worse place if folk keep going back but each to there own.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.ROY'S DEATH BLADE RUNNER 1982

Default *Martin*

Think that you are being a bit harsh and having a go at Upolion for no reason - he in entitled to his opinion just like everyone else is.

Surely we are entitled to our opinions and yes you have a valid point that perhaps some folk on here work for rival hotels etc but you could also argue that some folk may also praise the weigh inn cause they work for them.

I do not and have never worked in a hotel and i have got to say that i will NEVER go back to the weigh inn - not just cause the food was so bad but the service was even worse so...........slate me if you like but i stand by what i have said.

My reading is that Martin was posting to dissuade people from slagging people off.
    His "pop" at upolian was just a reflection on some of the harshness that went on in the past, I am sure he would happily get his car done in Watten - what was said was - don't believe the hype or it's opposite, if you want to recommend somewhere do - if not don't slag people in recommendations.

Quote Originally Posted by davem View Post
    My reading is that Martin was posting to dissuade people from slagging people off.
    His "pop" at upolian was just a reflection on some of the harshness that went on in the past, I am sure he would happily get his car done in Watten - what was said was - don't believe the hype or it's opposite, if you want to recommend somewhere do - if not don't slag people in recommendations.

well said, never had a problem with the weigh inn or its staff
    “A lot of good arguments are spoiled by some fool who knows what he is talking about.”

edayhouse if you think my last post was harsh/having a go I think you've had quite a gentle life I wish you luck if you ever upset my wife!

I was only pointing out that anyone can come on here anonymously and slag off a restaurant/business without repercussion.

I was just using Elroys business as an example of what could happen! I didn't seriously think he was having an incestuous relationship with his sister in the back of customer cars either! (For all I know he may only have a brother )

As soon as I saw this thread I remembered what someone once said to me
    "Any idiot can post something on the internet and it immediately becomes fact until it is proven otherwise"