Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Missing Dog

HOLLY>>>>HOLLY, c'mon girl...time to come home.

Any news yet. Fingers crossed and praying hard.

Default Holly

No,nothing in the trap. Thinking of moving it closer to the town. Close to where those little jack russels live. Need to be sure we dont trap somebodies little cat though. She didnt appear to be frightened of the two dogs she was running with but the last sighting was on tuesday and nothing since. Running out of ideas now. Have tried EVERYTHING, but sitting a tent but im scared of the dark!!! Just as well Holly isnt Come on Missy weve hardly a pair of troosers left thats no been snagged on barbed wire!

If she is happy to play with those dogs is it worth just having them in a field running and just sitting quietly in the field so she may come and investigate until you can build her trust up again? Maybe you could try putting her own bed into the trap also, something comforting.
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

Could you speak to the owners of the russells and if they see Holly help try to entice her somewhere you could get to her........

Default weird day

Yesterday my boy found a dog wandering at his all weather football session and returned him via hubby in the car to grateful owner, very timid dog.
    Then Charlie the missing cat decides to go home after holidaying in gorse bushes next to the house after his owner comes out to shout for him, him too very timid and had been gone for weeks. SO COME ON HOLLY THIRD TIME LUCKY AND YOULL APPEAR TODAY!

Quote Originally Posted by dollycat View Post
    Yesterday my boy found a dog wandering at his all weather football session and returned him via hubby in the car to grateful owner, very timid dog.
    Then Charlie the missing cat decides to go home after holidaying in gorse bushes next to the house after his owner comes out to shout for him, him too very timid and had been gone for weeks. SO COME ON HOLLY THIRD TIME LUCKY AND YOULL APPEAR TODAY!
    They say things happen in threes....lets hope Holly is the third good news happening....hopefully weather will see her give up on her adventure....fingers still crossed.

Default Update

Is there any update on Holly?

Default Holly update

Still nothing. Everybody still looking sometimes up to 4 hours a day and still no sightings since the tuesday. The trap hasnt been sprung again but we did find a fox probably the same one that got in and out of the trap . He must be well cheesed off with all the activity going on out here!!
    Getting very worried again, somebody must have seen her in the last week otherwise its not looking good, again!
    Oh she was seen on the back cemetery road on monday by a lady walking her dog. Have talked to the cemetery guys who work there, they havent seen anything.
    Where can she be?

Are there any barns, sheds in the area that she could be sneaking into for shelter.....maybe when the winds and showers die down she will reappear....I am sure someone will spot her again....hang in there...

Default Holly

Thanks to everyone for all the kind thoughts and comments for Holly
    Heres hoping she is in some barn and the farmer will chance upon her soon!

The change in the weather may be a good thing dollycat as it should make Holly move in out of the open where she can be spotted more easily/

Still hopeful of good news!

Om my gosh, poor wee Holly, she has endured so much. I hope wherever she is, she is being taken care of well and if not, I hope she is found so she can live out her days being loved and cared for -- such a sad situation. Kudos to you Dollycat for doing all you can for her.

Somebody must be feeding her that or she's eating food left out for birds etc.,otherwise I'm sure hunger would have brought her home.

Fingers crossed she's home soon .
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

Default Holly

Holly dosent really know that home is here because wed just adopted her from Balmore. This iswhat makes it really difficult because the poor wee thing must be so confused. This is why she just keeps on running when she is spotted

Her first home which she was rescued from is hundreds of miles away. Not that shed ever want to return there! We are just so lucky shes still in the same area and I have to keep on looking because I promised her she would never be sad again.
    So my pals and me are out there everyday and well never give up until something turns up because its the least Holly deserves.

Holly dosent really know that home is here because wed just adopted her from Balmore. This iswhat makes it really difficult because the poor wee thing must be so confused. This is why she just keeps on running when she is spotted

Her first home which she was rescued from is hundreds of miles away. Not that shed ever want to return there! We are just so lucky shes still in the same area and I have to keep on looking because I promised her she would never be sad again.
    So my pals and me are out there everyday and well never give up until something turns up because its the least Holly deserves.
    Oh no poor Holly - chance of a loving home and she does a runner How long have you had her?

If only she knew what a lovely new Mum and family she has waiting for her!

I really feel for you as it must be so frustrating going out every day for hours on end and there being no sign.

Oh Holly where are you?!!!!!!!

I think we will all have to 'tune in' to her photo at the same time and see if we can communicate with her and tell her that she has nothing to be afraid of and she has a wonderful future ahead of her.

Now I see what the problem is your repatriation with Holly is going to be that bit more difficult.

How long was she in Balmore before you homed her?,maybe she'll try to go back there.
    If at anytime she was use to running wild then its going to be really difficult to capture her and convince her that your "home".

I think all we can do is "pray" for her to come back to you soon.
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

Default Holly

The ladies she was used to in Balmore have been here on numerous occasions to try and help get Holly back. The problem is not that she has been ever used to running wild, quite the opposite in fact, she had been caged all her life so now she will confused as to whether to give this up. She really loved the ladies in Balmore but still shes not responding to them when they are here and searching, this is Hollys choice and nobody knows what happened to her in her past but it obviously has made her very determined to keep on hiding. However myself and my pals and the sspca and the dog warden will just keep on trying and hopefully soon she will show herself. Lets hope its soon!

Any news of Molly??

Quote Originally Posted by teenybash View Post
    Any news of Molly??
    dont ya mean holly lol, hope she comes home soon.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast