Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: age in relationships

My best mate just turned 37 and is going out with a 23 year old Fitness Instructor. If the permanent smile on his face is anything to go by that age gap is a good thing.

The only time I got creeped out at an age difference was when I came home on leave to find a situation where a 23 year old guy kept turning up at Wick High School looking for my 15 year old sister. Wrong, just wrong. He lost interest after we had a chat though.

My OH looks older than me as she is going grey although she is only 4 years older than me.

My family also has a gene going on that makes us look a lot younger. My mums new husband is 17 years younger than her but when you see them together they look the same age. My dad is 66 and he gets a few looks when out with his wife, who is the same age... he looks more like in his 40ies.

My OH half has been asked a few times if I was her son....needless to say she was fuming and wants to die my hair grey and carve wrinkles into my face.....lol!

I usually get "the look" when I tell people my age as they think I am a lot younger. Can be a nuisance as I still get ID'ed although I am over 40 !!!!

But generally I don't think age makes any difference to a relationship. You can compliment each other.

Big oops! My boyfriend is only 7 years older than me, not 8! I was thinkin he was another year older than he is oopsie!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

my oh is 5 years old than me i have not got a problems with the age gap if a couple are happy then thats all that really matters although i prefer older men more mature etc

Default hubby

hello well me and the other half (husband) there is 8 year of dif between us its me who has the toyboy hes far more sensible than i am and so far it has never caused us any bother was are n the same wave length have wur on hobbies and it all seems to fall in to place we respect each other and our opinions it just works

I was 19 when i met my partner and he has told me before that i was the best thing and i came at the right time. He'd just gotten over the last girlfriend who he'd been with for a year and he said to me that if we had meet earlier than we did it would've been too early and we'd never have got together. He'd been hurt in the past by lassies that have cheated on him and as i am a loyal lass and would never cheat while in a realtionship, he has told me that i've been very good for him.

Now here we are almost 3 years now. Should really trade him in for the next model Or so he says he has to do with me soon lol.

We have a 3 year age gap with me the younger one but i often feel like i am older than him.

Age is really a number, you're as old or as young as you feel.
    Last edited by Vistravi; 04-Apr-10 at 16:29.
    Electronics, Sales, Spares & Repairs * TV * AUDIO * PC & LAPTOP * GAMES CONSOLES * IN CAR ENTERTAINMENT * DOMESTIC APPLIANCES * WEEE DISPOSAL *www.facebook.com/Vistravi.Tech * www.vistravi.com *

Quote Originally Posted by ShelleyBain View Post
    Iv never had a problem with age differences.

When i started seeing my OH a few people had approached me and said "he is a little old for you isnt he?" But he is only 8 years older than me. Thats not alot to be honest.

Age doesnt bother me because its the person you care for, not their age.

I do take the mikey out of my OH reminding him how old he is though, just as a laugh. But i really dont care about it. I love him, thats all that matters! And he knows that
    It helps that he's a big kid at heart
    Electronics, Sales, Spares & Repairs * TV * AUDIO * PC & LAPTOP * GAMES CONSOLES * IN CAR ENTERTAINMENT * DOMESTIC APPLIANCES * WEEE DISPOSAL *www.facebook.com/Vistravi.Tech * www.vistravi.com *

Im 11 years older than my partner & i quite like having a toyboy!!
    We did get quite a few disapproving glares & comments when we were first together & the usual 'oh it will never last!' but 6 years & 2 children later i think weve proved them all wrong!
    life may not be a party be while were here we might as well dance!!

I am 50 this year and my fella is 42 so he is 8 years younger than me i truely belevie age is just a number x

ok so like me, we all agree age doesn't matter........

lets turn this a bit......

your 16/17 year old daughter/son starts dating someone whos in their late twenties or early thirties!

or

your 14 year old son/daughter starts dating a 18/19 year old!

what then?
    does age gap have more effect the younger you are? i mean 4 years difference in your twenties is nothing...
    but the difference between a 12 year old and 16year old is quite a bit!

what do you think?
    anyone been in this situation and how did you deal with it?
    Everyone is a genius,
    but if you judge a fish
    on its ability to climb a tree,
    it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.....

I think the saying used to be 'Past 30 age is just a number'

My wife is 16 years younger than me - we have been married 22 years, so I don't think age is a problem. As for the new angle - it depends on what 'dating' is. If it is purely dating then the lass has to learn and gain experience somehow, but if anything sexual begins then she is too young anyway.
    "Step sideways, pause and study those around you. You will learn a great deal."

Women live on an average ten years longer than men, so Idealy gals should be with a guy who is ten years younger. No one wants to be left alone in this life.
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

My younger brother is getting married next month. His fiancee is 8 years older than him. Not that it shows!! He still wears the trousers.....
    I have a friend whose husband is 18 years older than her but they still act like a pair of kids!! You're only as old as you feel, and when you fall in love all the rules you may have had in your head fly straight out the window!!

Talking

I'm 38 and i've just started a new relationship with a 23yr old girl, i'm not exactly your average 38yr old so the 15yr age difference means absolutely nothing to us...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    I'm 38 and i've just started a new relationship with a 23yr old girl, i'm not exactly your average 38yr old so the 15yr age difference means absolutely nothing to us...lol
    23 year old "woman" (not girl!). is that the age showing?!
    Last edited by annemarie482; 05-Apr-10 at 18:05.
    Everyone is a genius,
    but if you judge a fish
    on its ability to climb a tree,
    it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.....

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by annemarie482 View Post
    23 year old woman. is that the age showing?!
    Haha...no, i had my mid-life crisis a long time ago, just met someone that i click with, thats all

Default Age

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post

Good for you Gizmo, I thought you had gone a bit quiet on the org recently.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

your 16/17 year old daughter/son starts dating someone whos in their late twenties or early thirties!

or

what then?
    does age gap have more effect the younger you are? i mean 4 years difference in your twenties is nothing...

what do you think?
    stepson and girlfriend are 26/19, been together nearly 2 years and just made me a grandad.

As long as it's safe and legal (which it wouldn't be in your second example!) I don't see a problem.

or

what then?

what do you think?
    I mentioned on the Org a while back that a lad I work with who's 37 was seeing a lass of 17 who's in my daughters class at college. She's now pregnant. Dont think I'd be too happy if that was my daughter.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast